Triple Threat 2

Ads

Advert

Hi Pat,

You can: 

a. Put carbon paper under the plan with the inky side up and trace around the top outlines with a pencil or ball pen.  The wing tip plan will transfer itself to  the back of the plan and you can build on it. You can also put a sheet of paper between the carbon paper and the plan, and press a bit harder. This will give you a drawing without messing up the plan.

b.  You can trace the drawing with tracing (greaseproof) paper and turn the tracing over and build on it.

c.  You can wipe the plan with paraffin or WD40 etc when the plan will go transparent enough for you to build on the back.

Hope this helps,

Chris Reid

• 11 months later...
I know it's a bit late but I've found that when I built the pylon the motor box appeared to be about 4mm narrower than the former P1  This would make fitting the Motor mount rather difficult.  The box can't be tapered as the build instructions specifically state ensure formers P 2&3 are vertical to the side.
What am I missing?
Bunny Bunyan
!

• 3 weeks later...
Coincidence maybe but I have just decided to have a crack at this one myself, just glued up the first side frame of the fuse and cut all the wood for the wings etc, sorted through my drawers and put an electronics kit together - Turnigy 2217-16 turn motor with a 30 Amp ESC, 4 channel r/x and a couple of Turnigy 16g mini-servos with a 3s 2200 Mah power pack.
Looks to be a nice design for just floating around on a summer's evening, just wondering if a folding prop would improve the glide endurance any,

regards,      Terry

well, pushing on as it is so bloomin wet outside so nothing to do except build, got the fuse framing built and the tail feathers and presently working on the pylon and other bits like survo tray etc.
I am putting a sharper nose cone on rathar than the shape on the plans so that when I meet one of my favourite rocks it may slide off rather than headbutt it, problem is it is so humid with all this rain we have had over the past 12 hours my PVA glue is taking an age to dry, anybody know how to speed it up?,

regards,           Terry

well, so far so good, say hello to The Axe folks............

The motor is a Turnigy 2217/16 turn and just below it is a slit air intake to feed air through the upper pylon to cool the r/x.
From the upper pylon the air passes down into the servo box in the pylon itself then into the battery box, air also enters the front of the pylon to coll the ESC then up into the upper pylon to add its weight to what comes in the other intake.
Still a ways to go but have all the tail surfaces built ready for covering then the main wing to build,

regards,     Terry

Got a bit more done, stab and elevator now on as is fin and rudder, just a few bits to finish off then the main wing to build.

Can anyone give me an approximate weight for the wing? at this point I have 580g with battery which is a 2200mah 11.1v so I am thinking I will come in well under the all up weight of 907g,

regards,       Terry

• 3 weeks later...
Well I assume from the deafening silence,that I was alone in having the problem with the former size!
I have reached the point of fitting the control wires after having fitted the infill on the Port side when of course it's required on the Starboard  and it appears to me that the up elevator wire will prevent full deflection of the rudder. Is this so and has anybody else had a problem?
Bunny Bunyan

and it appears to me that the up elevator wire will prevent full deflection of the rudder. Is this so and has anybody else had a problem?
Yes William but only just, the position of the elevator top horn could do with being a 1/4'' further outboard so that when the rudder is at full port deflection it doesnt touch as it does with mine, it only just manages it but not enough to be a problem as it doesnt move the elevator,

regards,    Terry

Terry thanks for the reply .I was beginning to think I was alone with these problems.
Your remedy is what I had decided to do and also I wasn't too keen on the up-elevator 
wire rubbing on the top of the tailplane so I've raised the outlet from the fuselage of the up elevator wire.
Bunny Bunyan

• 4 months later...