B&Q Pink Foam (XPS). Really Cheap!

If you are interested in hotwire cutting your own wings or shaping a canopy this foam is brilliant. I have tried the B&Q foam, it is definitely XPS foam and is far better than the standard white EPS foam.

The best thing is it only costs £4.98 for a 1200mm x 500mm x 50mm piece. That’s cheaper than white EPS!

If you think you are ever going to need a piece of foam, please go and buy it. Lets not let the B&Q pink foam go the same way as their depron. The depron is no longer stocked due to lack of demand.

Here is the Link

If its not in stock they say they can order some into your local branch.

Edited By matt adams on 20/03/2011 18:27:21

Advert

The link.... My eyes.......Look here

Edited By r6dan on 20/03/2011 18:22:45

• 2 years later...

Hi, an equivalent XPS can be obtained from Green Air Designs: **LINK**

They buy in bulk direct from the manufacturer which seems to be the only way to get the stuff these days. When on the site look for "Building" then "building materials"

I am not employed by them, just an enthusiast for their kits and keen to keep one of the few UK kit manufacturers going.

Adrian

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Celotex is a fibre product and very heat resistant and cannot be cut with a hot wire. Shapes well but quite heavy. Not suitable for lost foam techniques. It is quite expensive in comparison to plastic foams.

B&Q sell a product called Jablite:

**LINK**

which is XPS (extruded Polystyrene). This is a fine grained polystyrene, shapes well and can be cut with a hot wire. Suitable for lost foam.

Rob