Gt Orme fly-in!

I think only jetsome has declared a serious intention from this 'ere forum ...and us of course

We are enjoying a glorious Indian summer here, but with NO wind!! Forecast for Tuesday currently is light Northerly, which is naff. I will do daily checks and post here from this evening. 

Advert

I quite fancy a day at the seaside and the chance to bung a model off a hill, must be 13 or 14 years since I last flew from a slope.  I've still got my EMP Eclipse, and a much modded Orange Box for calm conditions.

140 miles each way, so it needs to be a reasonable forecast to make it worthwhile for me to take a day off and spend half the day driving there and back, but given that I'm up for it. 

Hi all Orme Flyer's Looking like 15 from the west at the mo for tuesday cloudy but dry, tic tok tic tok oh I can't wait, Where we meeting Tim, wondered if we should meet for breakfast in llandudno first thing? Then we can all make our way up ( will be an early start for us Carmel flight club members )

Best regards

Lee

Llandudno is not famous for your typical greasy spoon bikers brigade, more the blue rinse Grannies

how about ASDA cafe 10 AM?  CONWAY ROAD LLANDUDNO.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3363/asdajg6.jpg

Click the map for bigger picture.

Otherwise, plan to be at the site from 10.30 /11Am onwards. There is a cafe 10 mins walk from the actual flying site for midday / lunch / tea and sticky buns etc ! And of course Jetsome's B+B

Directions of access to the site were posted on this thread previously, but if anyone would like my mobile number just in case, then please contact me via email.

[email protected].

Your camper would stand out I rekon LOL

I think If we all go and grab  coffie we will soon find each other, I will be wearing a big red Honda jacket ( mmm I love my warm jacket.)

I think in the future we should have window stickers from RCM&E DAVID where's the stickers????????????????????????

Lee

Yes - but you know what forecasts are like

However....this morning looking at the flags on the Orme summit building - they were correct for today.

Tomorrows latest.... 13MPH average between 11am and 5pm, but shifted slightly to West. Still fine for the Orme lads...so get yer wooly hats ready!