Charging Eneloop's

Phil May

I have just bought a 2000 mah eneloop for my Futaba 6EX. The battery instructions say charge for 14 - 16 hrs at 200mah, now my futaba charger out put is 70mah, if I remember correctly, which will obviously take a lot longer.
Can I charge at the 200mah or faster with my Fusion LX41B charger with the battery in the TX.
I think I recall somewhere about not charging in situ at a higher rate??
Cheers guys
Phil

Advert

Futaba use a polyswitch to prevent incorrect polarity/overload but it doesn't prevent discharging or peak detect.

The first charge of your Eneloops should, as far as I'm aware, still be at 1/10 C but the problem with using a peak detect charger is that it may detect a false peak before all cells are fully charged and therefore balanced.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I have killed a couple of high capacity tx packs very quickly by using the standard Jr 70mah wall charger, they don't like a low charge rate. I now charge my tx eneloop pack at about 1a as above. Have had to fiddle with the delta peak setting on the charger a bit but one year on and all is well (touch wood!)

• 2 years later...