Steve's Webbit

Not entirely correct, as it is not actually mine, I was asked to build it for a friend, who has now lost interest in it, so it may end up as mine!

Quite a few bits were left over, some I think were duplicates, some parts like the wing tips I did not use.

Advert

Just put everything in place, bolted loosely, and can confirm my CoG is exactly on the main spar.

Total weight of the plane without motor, prop, ESC and battery is 30.3oz, and the motor, prop, ESC and battery adds another 13.4oz, total of 43.7oz. Heavier than I had imagined, but still a fairly light wing loading

• 2 weeks later...

Just taxied round the drive, well not quite, it has a very wide turning circle! Will have to switch to high rates on the ground.

Static thrust of 820g, so more than happy with the power, don't want 3D.

As I mentioned on another thread, still a bit worried about battery cooling, I have another windscreen with an air scoop on it, didn't turn out quite right, but I think it will have to be re-made.

Just the trim on the wings and tail to finish now, the underside of the wing is the same blue as the lower part of the fuselage.

Just weighed mine Steve!!

Currently 33oz! Still need to put covering on one side of wing, add prop weight and a smidge more glue to attach ailerons/rudder and elevator.

Oh and need to add weight of single AA battery for underbelly light!!

Still works out lighter than yours so wondering what you have done differently!?

As you say though. even with your weight.... Still quite a light wing loading!!

Dave

Went out to the field this morning, flew the Funcub, VTOL, someone flew a Wot 4 after me, and said he wasn't flying again, too windy, so not the best weather for trying something new.

Also need to get used to the new flying field, the ground rises up to the landing area, and the landing area is very uneven.

Posted by David Gilder on 11/04/2011 12:35:12:
Just weighed mine Steve!!

Currently 33oz! Still need to put covering on one side of wing, add prop weight and a smidge more glue to attach ailerons/rudder and elevator.

Oh and need to add weight of single AA battery for underbelly light!!

Still works out lighter than yours so wondering what you have done differently!?

As you say though. even with your weight.... Still quite a light wing loading!!

Dave

I am starting to wonder seriously, I have just added up all the extra ply I put in, the wing bolt, the wing dowel, the servo covers and mountings in the wing, the tail wheel mounting, the pitot tube and pipe and it comes to 2oz. Now some of that other builds will also have, so it may not all be extra in comparison.

I have just re-re-re-re-weighed it, and my wings are 11.75oz and the fuselage 23.6 oz, without the Lipo and logger, so basically I am a 11.1V 2200mAh lipo heavier than others!