Geoff's Webbit

Hiya all. I have just started on the fuselage. It may not seem a lot to you, but to me it's a milestone. I haven't taken any pictures yet 'cos I have not been satisfied with the quality of the build. It didn't help with me watching the others progress and seeing the quality of work that I could only dream about. Never mind IT WILL FLY! The wings are still straight which has amazed me considering my working conditions. With respect to that No-Nails wood glue I showed on here, it is cracking stuff and does what it says on the bottle. Nice and quick drying and it dries clear. Mind you it helps with me working in the attic, it's like a sauna up there in this weather. At least I should be a lot slimmer for Greenacres. BTW I have just ordered a different motor, 'cos when you take my build into consideration it's gonna be heavy. Cheers my friends.

Geoff

AKA Webbiteer No: 20

Edited By Geoff Smith 1 on 17/04/2011 19:18:40

Geoff,
I wouldn't worry about what it looks like, like you said if its all straight it will fly. I think mine is a heavy weight compared to some of the other more experienced 'light weight' builders. But fear not mine flies fine despite it eating a few too many pies.
The main thing is to enjoy what you are doing

Rich

Hiya gentlemen, thanks for this. Oh yes, I am enjoying it now since I made the decision to try and think things out for myself instead of pestering this forum all the time. Ok I'm making mistakes and adding more weight putting them right (hence the more powerful motor) but it is most satisfying when you sort out a problem yourself. I will soldier on regardless never the less. Cheers my friends.

Geoff

AKA (A coming along gradually) Webbiteer No: 20

Geoff,

The overriding thing is that you enjoy what your doing, and like I've said earlier we can all learn from each other. Like the idea of no more nails LOL, but it makes sense to try these things. In this end of the world it's sold as liquid nails for the mastic gun, cheap as chips (£4-99) for three tubes, why didn't I think of that .

If you want to try cyano, the local UPC window suppliers do 20g bottles of thin stuff for £1-99 instead of £3-99 from the LMS, and it works, My Easy Cub is stuck together with it.

Go for it mate, and enjoy your self.

Cheers,

Chris.

Geoff,

I had to look twice when 'no more nails' was mentioned, never tried it.

Like Chris I do not get my CA from the model shop but get mine from Screw Fix, they do some 50 g bottles, its medium grade but works well. They also did sell activator cheaply but for some reason do not stock it any more.
I have only ever bought CA from there , they ask for your address each time and must keep a record of your purchases...I bet they think I have some kind of addiction
They have never asked maybe because it is a sticky subject....

Rich

Posted by Richard Harris on 18/04/2011 21:42:27:
Geoff,

I had to look twice when 'no more nails' was mentioned, never tried it.

Like Chris I do not get my CA from the model shop but get mine from Screw Fix, they do some 50 g bottles, its medium grade but works well. They also did sell activator cheaply but for some reason do not stock it any more.
I have only ever bought CA from there , they ask for your address each time and must keep a record of your purchases...I bet they think I have some kind of addiction
They have never asked maybe because it is a sticky subject....

Rich

Hiya Rich, thanks for this. I got my No-More Nails from Mr Block and Mr Quale and it was £4.99. Great stuff, can't praise it high enough. Cheers Mate.

Geoff

AKA Webbiteer No: 20

Edited By Geoff Smith 1 on 19/04/2011 18:13:14