Scorpion Motors

Plane Addict

Advert

They are quite good quality but pricey compared with the likes of Turnigy & Keda that give equal performance. I'm using the 2212/22 in a vintage Veron Deacon with just 8 nimhs & an 8x4 prop.
You can quite a lot of performance details etc on the range from Micron who seem to be the main UK retailer for them.

• 5 months later...
Just looked at this topic. Ive had excellent results with the Scorpion motors (you can buy them in the UK for similar price to Hobby King at "All good model shops" . The Uk dist are Climb Out or have a look at the the Micron website which is easy to understand ) Although I'm led to understand that the prices for the motors are going up shortly. Preference on motors are1. Scorpion, 2. Hacker (pricey but exc) 3. Axi (Solid you get what you pay for!) 4. E-flite. Bought some Turnigy motors but have binned those (magnets kept falling out - even after I had superglued them back in!). Just bought a couple of the OS motors and looking forward to using them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I fitted one to my modified blackhorse sea fury 22cc (now electric powered) yea the motors give incredible power, im getting 1980w @ 93 amps, on 6s battery, trouble is, ive only flown it 8 times and the motors gone bad! front bearing is grinding and some sort of ceramic putty (balances the motor so ive been told) has come out from between the magnets and chewed up around the stator......ive sent it back, bougth a axi motor now, so shoundnt be any more problems.

thing is, i have smaller models all fitted with Turnigy motors, and my little spitfire has flown at least 400 times without a problems and without having to `oil` the bearings as recommended by Scorpion.

Go figure that!

Kev

Edited By Kev Greenwood on 10/12/2013 08:16:12