Programming a Multiplex Cockpit Tx.

Re: Multiplex Cockpit/ Radian setup problem.>>

I purchased a Radian glider togther with Multiplex Cockpit equipment a little while ago.

I have now setup the above combination in Mode 1 (elevator on LHS stick – motor/rudder on RHS stick) and all is working correctly. >>

However:-I noticed the instruction book states modes 5 to 8 will place the motor under the control of RH slider which would seem to be more convenient (less chance of turning the motor on by accident). I decided to try this by setting up another “model” in mode 5. However I have met a problem.>>

If I plug the ESC into no. 4 socket (throttle control) on the Rx then the motor control is still with the RH stick. >>

If I plug it into no. 6 socket (spoiler/th-limit) then I need to use the slider to release the “throttle check” but the motor control is STILL on the RH stick.>>

Where am I going wrong?>>
Rick.

Advert

Rick, your copy and pasting has mucked up he page layout - please type direct if possible.
Strictly speaking mode one would have ailerons on the right, and rudder on the left - even with rudder only model usually.
I guess you are classing the right hand stick as "primary steering" mode

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 05/05/2011 16:56:17

Rick, I've just tried setting up a memory with mode 5 in both "Easy" & in "Glider" following the instructions. Both worked exactly as they should.
I used 3 spare servos in sockets 1,2 & 4 with a 4.8v battery in another socket but that shouldn't make any difference.
Is there any chance that you may have used a mixer that's causing the problem ?

Pat.

Firstly sorry Tim, over messing up the page layout. I generally like to write in 'Word' since it has textual correction and I'm not very good at typing.
As to mode, yes strictly I was using one aileron for the rudder servo.

Secondly Many thanks PatMc for looking into my problem. I was not aware that I might have inadvertently engaged a mixer. I must have another go at setting up the Radian.

The Multiplex Cockpit equipment has been well received by the model press and is obviously first class equipment. But to tell the truth I am finding the task of setting it up for my aircraft very difficult. I just can't seem to get my mind 'in tune' with the system, is there anyone else like me?
Rick.

Hi Rick

I have a Cockpit SX and fly several gliders/motor gliders/ electric models using it. I found it from the start to be pretty straightforward but like everything these days, it just takes a little getting to know. The SX is an extremely capable radio considering the cost and as a result it does take some learning.

Stick with it as I am sure given time and a couple of models you will not look back.

Peter

Posted by Rick Devonshire on 07/05/2011 19:44:40:

The Multiplex Cockpit equipment has been well received by the model press and is obviously first class equipment. But to tell the truth I am finding the task of setting it up for my aircraft very difficult. I just can't seem to get my mind 'in tune' with the system, is there anyone else like me?
Rick.

Probably a small price to pay for the flexibility it offers, how many other 7 channel sets can you name that have modes 1 to 8 out of the box or flight phases. Move on to a full house 4 servo wing glider an d you'll be pleased with the facilities.

Once you've sussed the programming they you realise how simple they are to set up.

On the 35mhz set the synthized frequency is also really good, fellow flier arrived at field without his module in his Tx, he still got to fly on my Sx as we could select the frequency and program the settings in a jiffy.