Gallery

Tim Mackey

Advert

Hi Timbo, sorry to hear you're having problems uploading pictures. I've just gone through to check, and everything seems fine at this end. Has anyone else been having any problems uploading their images?

I'll have a word with one of the tech guys here when I get the chance and see if we can work out what the problem is.

I've been checking the uploaded gallery pictures and allowing the relevant ones to show. However, a select few don't seem to be showing up properly in the admin area. Whether that's a problem at our end or at the user's end, I'm not sure.

Robin?

Timbo,

Did you manage to sort out the problem of not seeing the upload button. I tried to explain that one to you the other day for the same process but in the case of uploading your forum face. That will be the same thing.

As for the images not appearing there's two issues at work, one is that there is an editorial review process, the other is a mystical file disappearance issue. We're working on something that may be the cause of this, when this is up we'll see if this completely resolves the problem and try and trouble shoot onwoards from there.

Well I actually tried what was suggested EG: if using IE (which I am-version 6.0 )changeview /text size / medium
It already is medium! I tried knocking it down to small, and the very top of the upload button is JUST visible, I have uploaded a new "face" and will await the results. It does appear that email notification is now working.TY

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Timbo, the guy who's working on this is ill today. Hopefully he'll get onto this one tomorrow. Has he asked you to email him one of the pictures so he can replicate the problem without having to keep ask you for information about the problem? If he hasn't could you email it to support at modelflying and I'll pass it on to him for you.

Sorry it's taking a while to iron out all these little things. Hopefully we're getting there though.

I've just edited your post tom to stop that email address getting spam. It's a real killer when you've got so many support messages. Searching through the spam is a killer at the first point.

Timbo,

i've receieved those images and can confirm that does replicate the problem. So I'll get the developer on that as soon as he's back. Hopefully he'll be back in tomorrow and now he's got the images to work from he'll be able to sort it out pretty quickly.

Not had a chance to have a look at the site for a few days, had a lot to do clearing out the shed so wife can have her kitchen back, and woundered why it was taking so long for albums to be approved. found this thread and now know that gremlins have taken up residence :-( They see a new website and they move in with no thought at all for the problems they cause. the sooner you evict them the better, I know we are all looking forward to seeing a lot more of other members pics like the ones so far published. Hope you manage to sort it soon.
Good luck
Dave
(try sending them a council tax bill... that should see them off)

I take it you have tried uploading some images then, Dave? I have approved all pending images to date (they're checked at least once a day, so if it's taking longer than that, then best to post in here and let us know). Maybe you could try again and let us know if you still have no luck?

Tom, yes uploaded some pics a few days ago but album still showing nothing. will try again later, thanks. I know the problems that can popup with new websites as I built a shop site for my wife a couple of years ago. even now every time I update the software for the site those nasty gremlins creep in again. I use PHBB for her forum and a fantastic photo album that only costs $5. been looking through the notes I keep when anything goes wrong with our site to see if there is anything that is a similare problem, nothing so far but will let you know if anything turns up.
Dave

• 1 year later...