Lipo transport and storage case

Phil 9

I now have a clloection of 5 large 4900 6s lipos. I have been looking for a hard case for transport to the field that will protect from damage.

An old ammo tin is not a option for me.
A peli case would be ideal but they are a little expensive.

before I spend a fortune on a peli case does anyone have any cheaper suggestions

Advert

must confess I use an old ammo tin, can I ask why that is not an option Phil?
My only concern with things such as TX cases is they protect from knocks etc, but if a cell was to go 'belly up' for some reason in the case they are not designed to contain it whereas an ammo tin is more so.

Ed

I have ordered some liposafe charge bags (one for each battery) and intend to transport them in the bags.

WhereI work an ammo tin in my car will just draw the obvious question (does it contain ammo) I guess I could use one if I painted it as inert but just I wanted to avoid any hassel

I only have a half a dozen 3s lipos but I transport them in a rather snazzy looking thermally insulated bag originally designed to keep 6 cans of coke cold. I think it was free with coke some time - dunno Mrs BEB gave it to me! Anyway it helps to keep the cold from getting at them but of course it doesn't offer much protection if one was to go "bananas" on me.

For storage I have an old rectangular Pyrex cassrole dish with a lid. They live in there.

BEB

I was having the same though recently and came up with the following: I bought a cheap metal briefcase thing from B&Q and got some Kingspan wall insulation we had lying around and cut holes in it for the battries to sit in. I lined the bottom of the holes and the top of the block of kingspan with EPP foam to tidy things up and add extra protection. I then 'borrowed' some thick foam from a friend and cut a sheet to sit on top of the whole arrangement to keep everything in place. workes a treat

Mine get carried in liposafe bags, in the hope I could chuck it out the car if it went pop, and at home are stored in a steel tool box (he type with drawers on the front and a lif up lid) which should contain any mishaps, even if all the batteries joined in the fun!