Help... retracts!!

AWM

Hi ALL...

Once again, any help will be gratefully appreciated. I am building a Harvard- 26cc petrol size. The retracts are air operated. The system is basically the piping to a valve with 3 inlets / outlets and a one way valve to 'charge' the air tank. The one way valve connector is a standard nipple to press a pipe onto. How do you charge the tank? All I have is an air hose going to the one way valve and the open end to connect a pump to. Cheers.. Alan

Advert

Have a look at this diagram, which came with my Unitracts.

I think you will find Fig 2 is quite self-explanitory.
Be careful (unlike me) to make sure the connections are really leak free before you close up the wing etc. I thought it all worked ok and then weeks later after the wing was sheeted I had a leak. I had to cut holes everywhere until I found one of the T connecters was not on 100%.
Cheers
Herri

Excellent - thank you both! The install has went ok, the diagram is pretty much the same as my set up. How did you get your schraeder valve attached to the circuit?? At the t piece I have standard air hose with an open end, how do you attach the schraeder valve?

Many thanks.. Alan

Just had a problem with metal T pieces leaking myself despite these being of supposedly good quality. The solution is to use Robart plastic moulded ones which are bullet proof. I now use Hobbyking filler valves which are more reliable than any I have found in the UK and 1/6th of the price. After filling, add a short M4 screw with an O ring to the valve to give a double seal and keep out debris.