Six Different Quick Build Fun Planes

PL fun aerobat.
Tail glued in place, wing glued in place with servos fitted ,weight and balance done ,nose cut to length , just got the motor bulkhead to make and fit ,then install the rx,esc,and motor.
Have booked the camera for a test flight this evening ,that's if the thunder storms hold off long enough.

The auw weight is looking like 8.8 oz maybe a little more when a u/c is fitted.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 27/06/2011 12:33:40

Advert

I know you are a very busy man Tom,designing, building, testing,and flying. But when you can find time can you please explain to a non leccy (so far) man, how you work out the min air time, as per your last post. Thanks

Edited By fly boy3 on 27/06/2011 17:06:21

A larger lipo well generally increase air time ,of course a little more power will be needed to carry the extra weight .
As an example ,when the the standard PL lipo was updated from 500ma to 1000 ma the extra airtime was about 85%.
The subject is in reality mathematically quite complex ,but it is easy to establish a "rule off thumb" for most aspects of simple design.

FB3.
Click on edit albums and then add photos,this will bring up a browse box click on that and it should take you to your photos ,click on the photo you want then click open and wait while it loads and click save.That should put it into your forum album.Use photo bucket as per Tim's instructions to load on to the thread.
Note you don't have to put it in your forum album .photo bucket will take pics strait from your docs or pics.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 27/06/2011 19:05:04

sorry tom.
i should point out to everyone that my pipe lagger uses a similar design of fuselage but a larger 48* span molded polystyrene wing and is not a tom's design pipe lagger.

sorry for any confusion that i might have fostered.

plus the fact that i am a useless pilot doesn't help.