Six Different Quick Build Fun Planes

Well since my last post i have been out to the field and flown the new wing .
I had noticed that it was going calm in between the showers so i got a 10 min flight without getting blown away or wet.
The overall performance was good ,utterly stable ,and the glide with c/g at 40 % was very good indeed.

Pete Fisher is building an interesting version ,with all sorts of cleaver additions,I think this one will have to be named the PL (pipe lagging) F - MK1.
Photos of the PL-F- MK 1 in due course.
Tony's version the PL- B - MK 1 is waiting for good weather for test flights.

Found some usefull stuff at Wickes ,its the modern version of plasterers scrim ,it used to be made off a fibrous string like material but now its a glass fiber mesh,very light and easy to apply using five min epoxy.
Ideal for reinforcing wing joints it adds tremendous strength for very little extra weight.

Other commitments prevented a trip to the field today so as the wind had dropped to 2-3mph i decided to try a launch the PL-W MK1 from the garden ,no problem good brisk climb and 5 Min's in the overhead followed by a daring approach over the fence around the gazebo and down on the lawn , resisted the temptation to go again as i think luck had been on my side particularly the landing!

To windy for flying again ! so the carbon boom version got the gear installed and the wing finished.
This one could be called the" PL Carbon Pro Deluxe " ideal for the well heeled modeler as it cost about £1.25 extra to build.lol.
Unlike the Mk1 the airframe is very rigid so a bit more power should be ok ,keeping in mind it uses a 500ma (0.5A) lipo so more power would mean less motor run time but a very lively climb rate.
The fus involves even less work than the Mk1 and Mk2 as the lipo and rx are stowed inside .This one came out 0.4 oz heavier than the Mk1 and ended up at 9.4 oz ready to fly.
The wing center section is re enforced withe the Wickes scrim on the under side only.
Still waiting for the 3.5 g servos to arrive ,the 9g fitted are unnecessarily heavy but well on top of the job.
To date the Mk1 and Mk2 have consistently returned 10 Min's flight time ,not bad for a lipo costing less than £5.
Preliminary flight tests suggest the c/g can be taken back as far as 40 - 50 % ,this seems to improve the performance but need to do more flying to establish the practical limits.