weston park 2007

Advert

so excited. only been goin about 4-5 years now and still cant wait. this is actualy my main year holiday (sad i know) see you all their in the beer tent as usual :) wait for us to sing Meatloaf on kareoke again. bet you cant wait lol ! if anyone wants to go for a fly after main events or friday let me know :)

Hi Steve,
Just a note to say thanx to all involved in the Weston Park show. Even tho the weather wasn't great my friends and I had a fantastic time. This was our 1st time there. Dont know how the pilots kept going - superb flying & the best display that I have been to. Will definately be down again next year !!
Cheers,
Keith

Excellent show on both days despite the weather. Congratulations to all the hardworkers involved.

Is there not the possibility of getting some Trainer Aircraft into the air during the public exhibition? I was delighted to see all the turbines, 3D and fast electrics being put through their paces. But I am sure that the commentators remarks of "It only costs £5000 etc." when certain flights were going on, made some of the public think 'thats not for me'.
How about a £250 challenge where a number of different trainers, with a complete package (including radio) for £250 (or less) each, both i.c. and electric are flown by the top pilots to their limits at the same time (or i.c. in the morning and electric in the afternoon for example) and the point made, emphatically, that this is the price at which YOU the public can get into the air, with help from your local club.
I am sure that this would please the public, the non flyers, youth audience, fringe park flyer, distributor, and the ordinary club pilot who can see what his modest kitted or artf trainer can be made to do. Would this also not possibly help boost sales of trainer aircraft at the venue? (This is not intended as a criticism of the show which was, as I said, excellent).