Gliding video thread

Advert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Geoff

I use a Sanyo Exacti CG10. I made a list of what I req'd, for instance it has a 10 mega pixel camera, lots of optical zoom! prior to digital and full HD video recording. It allows the user to zoom and take still photo's whilst filming. Set up and menu selection is also easy. Once I roughly knew what I was looking for I kept a look out on an online auction site. I ended up paying less than half price (£60.00). For editing I use imovie HD, it's free, OK and easy to use but there is one common and very frustrating fault with this App to be mindfull off.

I hope this helps

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all here is a favourite of mine, my PZ Radian over a lake in Country Australia where unbeknown to me a bug had climbed on board while the glider was on the ground and went for a trip he'll remember LOL!

cheers chuck

PS no bugs were harmed during the filming of this video wink 2  

Edited By Chuck Thrillseeker on 12/02/2013 01:28:56

Edited By Chuck Thrillseeker on 12/02/2013 01:29:52

Edited By Chuck Thrillseeker on 12/02/2013 01:31:59

Edited By Chuck Thrillseeker on 12/02/2013 01:33:05

Check the video out Chuck it's not working!

A few years ago at the defunct Croydon airport in the UK about eight of us were flying model planes one hot summer evening. There is /was a simple bench plus notice and peg board on the site, and I noticed there was a hatch of ants developing just under the bench. The ants which were bigger than the usual varieties (imports?) swarmed all over the parked model planes and in particular on those with yellow wings. One flyer had a really powerful motorised glider so he sent it up to get rid of the ants on board. Well the plane looped and rolled at high speed but when it was landed it still had some ants on the wings! The ant swarm then decided to attack us and as I was wearing a yellow shirt I seemed to be fair game! All of us ran from the airport to our parked cars and stripped off our shirts to remove the offending ants. I was bitten all round my neck and around my body as were most of the others---I have never known a similar instance in this country!

MJE

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 12/02/2013 16:09:25

Well I would expect crickets to know about boundary layers but not ants!

I have looked into the issues of ant varieties this afternoon and it would seem that 'Fire ants' which I think are not native to the UK are attracted to electrical circuits/ flux and cause extensive damage and can even survive being micro-waved in an oven! (check the videos). They also bite /sting humans. Could they have been flown by accident to the airport before it closed in 1958?

MJE

Posted by Mike Etheridge 1 on 12/02/2013 16:08:48:

Check the video out Chuck it's not working!

A few years ago at the defunct Croydon airport in the UK about eight of us were flying model planes one hot summer evening. There is /was a simple bench plus notice and peg board on the site, and I noticed there was a hatch of ants developing just under the bench. The ants which were bigger than the usual varieties (imports?) swarmed all over the parked model planes and in particular on those with yellow wings. One flyer had a really powerful motorised glider so he sent it up to get rid of the ants on board. Well the plane looped and rolled at high speed but when it was landed it still had some ants on the wings! The ant swarm then decided to attack us and as I was wearing a yellow shirt I seemed to be fair game! All of us ran from the airport to our parked cars and stripped off our shirts to remove the offending ants. I was bitten all round my neck and around my body as were most of the others---I have never known a similar instance in this country!

MJE

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 12/02/2013 16:09:25

hi i just clicked on it and it worked fine?

cheers chuck

• 3 weeks later...