Gliding video thread

Hi all
Thought it would be nice to have a video thread for people to show there slopes/flying just add below
I'll start with some of mine

Edited By Lee Morgan on 30/06/2011 07:23:48

Na I was thinking vid thread for gliders , power just doesn't do it for me at all

Lee

Don't get me wrong Pete , I have nothing against power flyers , And can totally see why they do it , If I am honest I can't afford to have more than one type/discipline of models in my hanger . So I try and steer clear of power on that basis .

Just thought a vid thread in the glider section would be nice

Lee ( no offence meant to any one )

Sorry mr moderator sir I will try harder !!

ok shows in the preview . ummmmmm

Edited By Lee Morgan on 30/06/2011 11:35:17

and vimeo 

Edited By Lee Morgan on 30/06/2011 11:43:23

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all
Here's a little ( read as big ) video I made whilst I have sooooo much time on my hands , Plans are to make a video explaining what,how,why and where to land a slope plane without breaking it into a kit form
Anyway here's a quick video test

Edited By Lee Morgan on 19/07/2011 20:03:00

As a devout Petrol head in RC. I thoroughly enjoy these types of video. These pilots have a unique skill set. Very well worth watching. Just adds to my appreciation of the diversity capable within this great hobby.

BB .... Thanks (Well worth a bump eh Timbo ?)

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 26/07/2011 18:59:06

• 2 weeks later...
Catbells II

Edited By Tom Foreman on 07/08/2011 11:07:42

Vimeo seems to be quite popular for video hosting, I for one have been using it for quite a while. Some of you may already now and are members of the RC Slope Soaring group (I am already) So here is the link:
There are some cracking videos on there take a look!

I walked up catbells earlier this year and with my pins that's quite an acheivement even so I'm sure that I could have managed the bruden of a Tx and Wildthing or similar had been introduced to the fine art of sloping at that time .

Being a newcomer though I wonder about permisssion to fly in such places. For example there I am on holiday in the [some unfamiliar hilly place] and there's a lovely slope begging for me to go and have a go at it. No houses or farms nearby that seems to suggest ownership of the land... erm, well I don't know, hence my question

Ok, firstly how do you embed a vimeo vid on here

Secondly, unless you pay for it, Vimeo only allows you uploads of 500mb per month. Most of my vids are bigger than that. My most recent video of Big Phil sloping for the first time came out at nearly 700mb, and that was reducing it from 1080p to 720p. Guess I'd have to reduce the quality further eh

Posted by Ian Jones on 09/08/2011 11:13:26:
I walked up catbells earlier this year and with my pins that's quite an acheivement even so I'm sure that I could have managed the bruden of a Tx and Wildthing or similar had been introduced to the fine art of sloping at that time .

Being a newcomer though I wonder about permisssion to fly in such places. For example there I am on holiday in the [some unfamiliar hilly place] and there's a lovely slope begging for me to go and have a go at it. No houses or farms nearby that seems to suggest ownership of the land... erm, well I don't know, hence my question

Ian. One of the guys I fly with tried flying at a mountain near Caerphilly, but this guy came up to him saying he couldn't fly there as he owned the mountain. My mate works for the local council and told the guy he would check this out and get back to him. He did check and it turned out the guy owned the rights to the bridal ways only and it transpired this guy was concerned that the gliders would scare his horses.

Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 09/08/2011 11:25:08:

Secondly, unless you pay for it, Vimeo only allows you uploads of 500mb per month. Most of my vids are bigger than that. My most recent video of Big Phil sloping for the first time came out at nearly 700mb, and that was reducing it from 1080p to 720p. Guess I'd have to reduce the quality further eh

Hi Steve

Just click on embedded when you are on the Vimeo sight looking at you video, when the pop up opens click OLD EMBEDDED CODE then copy the text that appears, if you then paste this into the pop up that appears when you click on the YOU TUBE button at the top of the post window all should be fine - it works for me anyway but I think some folks have been having problems (mainly with IE9 I think)

Jon

Posted by Conwy Soarer on 09/08/2011 11:40:21:
Posted by Steve Houghton 1 on 09/08/2011 11:25:08:

Hi Steve

Just click on embedded when you are on the Vimeo sight looking at you video, when the pop up opens click OLD EMBEDDED CODE then copy the text that appears, if you then paste this into the pop up that appears when you click on the YOU TUBE button at the top of the post window all should be fine - it works for me anyway but I think some folks have been having problems (mainly with IE9 I think)

Jon
Thanks Jon, I'll give it a go.

Posted by Ian Jones on 09/08/2011 11:13:26:

If I see a flyable slope, I'll generally have a go - so long as I don't have to be obviously trespassing. Anyway, to be guilty of trespassing, they must prove that you have caused damage. Walking across a grassy field can hardly be classed as damage.Just use a bit of common sense. Most of the time you will only be there for a short while anyway. If anyone complains, just be civil and make an apologetic retreat. Oh! And don't wear bright clothing!! I always wear 'country colours' and try to blend in a bit.

Saying that, I've flown at literally hundreds of different places - just to try them out - and not once have I ever had anyone complain. Anyone who has turned up is usually fascinated by a flying RC sloper and wants to know more.

You can fly off National Trust sites ( unless there is a specific reason for them to limit flying) as there is an agreement between the NT and the BMFA.