Panther Trainer Autogyro

Richard Harris

Advert

smileyHi Stuart, think this is a recognised slight dimensional issue as on the plan. I am sure the guys will comment, cut the deck away locally or maybe better lower the servo hole and fill the gap with an epoxied ply block.

Having recently been building mine from the mag plan I would strongly recommend you put the kettle on and go through all the pages and posts in this thread. 38 pages seems a bit of a task but it's absolutely full of pictures questions and answers and really good advice from the guys on your project.

Good luck with the build!!

José,

Nice work thumbs up To answer your question regarding the use of M4 bolts, I think that they will be perfectly fine. The FG top plate on the blade acts as a spread washer but I would still be tempted to utilise repair washers aswell.

Don't quote me on this but I am sure Andy uses M4 bolts to mount his blades.

Looking forward to seeing your model complete, it will be (as far as I am aware) the first to be built in the home land of the autogyro teeth 2

Rich

hello my name is Neil and I'm new to the forum,just received my set of plans for the panther, read through the threads and am looking forward to building and flying this lovely autogyro.in the threads I noticed Richard using a two bladed head is there any more info on the type of headplate used.I am flying a small homemade autogyo at the moment and have had many years experience flying model planes and heli's, so after flying the panther on three blades I would like to try two.

Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum, if you have any questions that cannot be answered through reading the thread please just ask. There are a lot of talented builders out there

Yes, I did fly my Panther on 2 blades but more of an experiment, it did fly very well. However it was always designed with 3 blades in mind as this is the easiest route to take for someone starting out.

With 2 blades fitted around 4 more degrees of rearward tilt is needed for straight and level flight. As you can imagine this brings the rotor tip within striking distance ot the tail and also requires the CG to be shfted forwards to compensate.

If I were to design a bespoke Panther specifically for 2 blades the mast would need to be higher with and the nose longer (or the mast position moved rearwards).

Rich