Futaba Futaba 6EX 2.4Ghz mode change from 2 to 1

Marksw

It is possible, have done it, but it took me an hour fiddling with a pair of tweezers to get the centring spring onto the other stick! The procedure is standard, just transfer the ratchet and spring from one stick to the other. Best of luck! (I still hate Futaba!). If you do not want the spring to ping across your workshop into oblivion, try putting the Tx in a large clear plastic bag and work with your hands inside it.

I didnt like the sounds of working inside a plastic bag! so I took the controller back to the shop where I bought it from and asked if they offer a service of swapping the modes over. The model shop in Crossgates, Leeds swapped it over free of charge and it took them just a few minutes, so a big thanks to the model shop for a good after sales service.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
   And if you leave the loop of thread or fishing line in situ you can use it again to chang back again when needed. You must also switch over the plastic rocker  to which the spring attaches and the ratchet detente but these are simple mechanical jobs. No plastic bag necessary, but a good pair of tweezers are useful..

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent thread.

I have just got home with my new Bossanova and Futaba 6EX.

I'm mode 1 and the set was mode 2 out of the box. Before finding this thread I had opened the back up, worked out what I needed to do and decided that I didn't fancy 2 hours of chasing a spring around the room.

Then I  read this thread and top tip of the day "thread" or in my case fishing line. I cracked it open again and within 3 minutes.... job done!

Thanks.

M