Arrived today

Steve W-O

Been waiting a while now, but looks well worth it.

Foam quality is good, all the components look good, generally it looks 1000% better than the wot4foame, which was the last foam plane I bought.

Best thing is that with a decent motor and speed controller, 6 metal gear twin ball race servos, electric retracts, and a pilot for the cockpit it will end up costing me more than the wot4foame did by the time I had replaced the faulty and dodgy components.

I don't usually feel so enthusiastic, but I think this is one people are missing out on.

Advert

I've seen the big thread on RCG and some videos. Looks good. What did it cost by the time that it got over here ?

From what I read the Turnigy SK42-60 650Kv was the motor of choice but that's not available now. I have one and it's a good, versatile motor.

Posted by NigelH on 13/07/2011 18:48:58:
I've seen the big thread on RCG and some videos. Looks good. What did it cost by the time that it got over here ?

From what I read the Turnigy SK42-60 650Kv was the motor of choice but that's not available now. I have one and it's a good, versatile motor.

It cost $78 including delivery.

I won't be fitting a motor as powerful as some have, it weighs just over 2kg ready to fly, so there is a wide range of powers it will fly on.

That's good Steve. Was that the last thing in stock over there ?

Roll on the day when the UK warehouse opens. Those people on ebay who buy up all the HK stock (leaving none for us) and sell it for a small fortune must be getting nervous now

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 13/07/2011 19:10:49:
A clubmate has just received his today also - coincidence, or are you AKA Gary
His cost just £52 from HK inc delivery

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 13/07/2011 19:12:15

No, but probably not much of a coincidence, the German warehouse received stok, and had over three months of orders to send out.

Unfortunately mine won't be flying until late September at the earliest. (unless I get my house sitter to assemble it )

Posted by NigelH on 13/07/2011 19:07:35:
That's pretty decent. Didn't RM have something to say about it ?

Im curious, what did RM say? Was it something like 'dont buy abroad and save money, pay the (exhorbitant) UK price.'?

Im expecting delivery any day now of what is sold in the UK as the TOP Gun Park Flite 1400mm Cub. Only its coming from HK with a 6 channel 2.4Ghz radio and two 2200 4S lipos and Im still paying less than if I bought in the UK.

The kits are exactly the same as you'd buy in the UK or via Germany so dont really understand the comment that there may be something 'different' about it.

Edited By Piper Cub on 14/07/2011 22:57:22