spinner and prop.

Frank Corr

Completely new to this sport and worried.

Can someone, anyone, give the correct order of things concerning the position of parts from the engine out to the propellor. Starting with the spinner base plate.

I think it goes spacer;base plate; and than I am stuck. I have a further spacer or facing plate ; the prop; the fixing nut and the Cowl. I think the cowl goes on last and is screwed to the large lugs on the base plate. What are the small lugs for.?

Can anyone assist.?

Advert

Hi Frank,

I think I understand your query, assuming that you have a real (internal combustion) engine. The spinner base plate is first, against the prop driver on the engine. It should fit exactly, to keep it in balance. Often the spinner is supplied with bushes of various sizes. Next the propellor (properly balanced of course) and a close fit on the prop shaft. Then the washer and nut supplied with the engine. There are various methods of fixing the spinner. The prop nut can hold it in place, or a bolt through the pointy end into a hex. sleeve that is screwed onto the prop shaft. Usually, the whole shooting match has to be removed to fix the cowl. The cowl is usually screwed onto mounting points on the front former. Hope this helps

Ernie

• 4 months later...

Hi Frank, 

Make sure and cut enough of the spinner away to allow clearance all round each prop exit  Frank. The spinner holes don't want to touch the prop anywhere.

I've found Irvine spinners to be very good and easy to fit/adjust. They have an ali backplate and consistently spin very true.

http://www.moormodels.co.uk/acatalog/IRVINE_SUPER__ALUMINIUM__BACKPLATE__SPINNERS.html

Good luck.

• 1 month later...