A good first kit?

Advert

thankyou, i prefer scale types but they look harder to build.

tried looking on slec site but under construction, i need a pic.

im looking for a home for either a 32 os or ive got a 70 &80 fs.

the mag has some nice plans but i think a couple of kits should be built first, although ive noticed some have the option of ordering a wood kit.

also i dont want to spend too much on first kit.

for the 32 - how about the Uno Wot from Chris foss? Maybe a 32 would be a bit big ,but would give you great aerobatic performance. Also the span is 62" so it's quite big.

the 70 and 80 4 strokes are a bit big for a trainer and you might do better saving them for a later project.

How about a glider? My first kit build was a Svenson Starter glider (bit of a boring name) but it flew ok despite a warped wing (my mistake) there is the middle phase from chris foss or you could plan build.

Jonathan

hello, found a uk dealer of sig kits but cant belive the price.

on sig site the price of a four star 40 is $79.99 = £39 using converter on site

but uk dealer wants £74.  i know money has to be made but £35 extra, even with shipping( which would be bulk so cheaper) tax and shop overheads its a bit much. i might order direct, sorry uk shops.

Go for a Flair kit.

They are all very easy to build and can be scaled up to your hearts content.

The Magnatilla is a mock Eindecker and flies like a trainer. Very simple straightforward build. 60 inch span, 52 four stroke.

The puppetter, se5a  legionaire and d7 are also nice builds but will involve a bit more thought to fly. You will however grin like an idiot when the wind drops as they look and fly so nicely.

hello, ive had an email from sig estimating postage to be about $50 (£25). uk price is £74+ postage, which is usually £6-9, so its still looking good from states. still not sure about duty though. could save nearly £20 which could be the price of covering model.

i`ll search more uk sites to try and find a model cheaper, i know its penny pinching but im a carer for my wife , so i cant work as such so of course i need to find a good deal

as for the flair kits, ive seen a couple down our field and they look and float very nice. i think i`ll stick to the sig 4star 40 or kobra as they said to be easy builds.

thank you for your coments.

I would agree with Adam C, go for a Flair Magnatilla. Your OS 32 should be fine but may need some noseweight. They are a very simple but satisfying build & go together very quickly & the flying performance is all you could want from a sports model-also very robust & easy to repair should the worst happpens!!

• 2 weeks later...