Red Arrow plane crashes at Bournemouth

Tom T

Advert

They are all fitted with ejection seats. I think that he G-locked which would explain the loss of control and no ejection. But it could have been he was avoiding the houses and didn't have time to eject.

Didnt look like he was pulling a lot of 'g' . I would assume and also like to think that he stayed with the aircraft in avoidance of the built up areas and tried to put it down in a safe area. God bless and sympathies to his family.

Hi all, i saw the Red Arrows at Bournmouth yesterday, the news leaked through during the display, there was a " Technical problem" so a lot of aircraft did not fly, to think that we had only seen the arrows fly and then this, totally devistating, we went home.
The comentary during the show was taking the mick out of Eggman, it felt like we knew him, i am honestly sad.
No-one likes to see an aircraft go down, more so when they are the RED ARROWS, the best in the world.
I have grown up with them, they used to come to farnborough every other week to practice, we all knew them.
Upset.
regards
Chris.

Let's not speculate too much on what happened please guys, the BOI will do that for us.
It is a tragic loss and let's all keep our finger crossed the Reds will be back in our skies soon, in a time of immense spending cuts by the government this could be the excuse they need to save a few extra million!

Eric,

The Red Arrows Hawk T1s have most of their maintenance carried out by the RAF technicians at Scampton, any remaining work is carried out at RAF Valley again by professional technicians both to a very high standard.

As James says the BOI will let us know what happened following their investigation. In the mean time our thoughts go out to F/L Eggings wife and family

Edited By Keiran Arnold on 22/08/2011 08:48:08

Latest news is that the enquiry will be a few months, however the Reds are now due to fly back to RAF Scampton, weather permitting.

Considering the speed the aircraft was travelling at and the fact that undercarriage was seen in the field (ripped off before impact marks) suggest that this was a controlled ditching with the gear down.

It's pretty clear that this was not a controlled ditching Allan!!!!!
As always with an Air Crash, complete speculation is immediate as you can see from the point this thread was started until now.
I have my theories and so do lot's of people which will differ, but at the end of the day, WE will never know the full truth until the report is produced.
I'm with James, RIP Jon, condolences to his family and friends and let's just wait and see what the investigation say's.