Worst one ever ?

NigelH

Advert

I like the "...could be repaired by a model shop..." bit......

I can imagine the face of the guy in my local if I took something like that in & asked him to repair it......

I'm sure the second word would be "off".....

Maybe this is the guy who bought the Leo 37 for the Deagostino Spitfire for £200....

You could at least talk to the guy, he might be very nice (hmmm, or perhaps not),. Anyway, I send him a question:

"R u 'avin' a larf? "Used" as defined by ebay is

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended.

Hardly cosmetic wear is it? Does it function as indented ?"

(Last word is not a mis-spelling, but he might not get it).

I'll let you know what he says. Why don't you all send a question (or ten)? He might like it.

I'm looking forward to the reply but we can't all abuse him, he might have a very valid reason for the price. Maybe hes selling for a friend and his hobby is golf and nothing to do with it and he thought that it was a good price? some how i don't think so but it'll be fun to find out what he says. Please tell us as soon as you know

Thanx

Tom

Tom, where have I suggested abuse? I don't send, or advise sending abuse to anyone for any reason. There's nothing wrong with a tirade of civil questions though

I have a reply already:

"Dear **********

you have gone to the trouble of emailing me this. If

it's not for you then flick past it and find something that is"

He doesn't seem to care...................

I did want to ask him a question, just politely ask him for more photos because it looks like a great plane, but the photos make it look like a 130 quid small EFlite plane.

I also wanted to ask him for a bit of history on the plane, noting that his other items appear to be random junk as well (junk shop/house clearances?).

Just wanted to ensure a question was displayed at the bottom of his EBay page, to protect those buyers that need protection - LEO37 'Spitfire' engine buyer for example.

Sadly, Can't remember my FleaBay login details. I stopped using it when people started asking silly prices for stuff (i.e more than its worth to by new)

Edited By Christian Ackroyd on 08/09/2011 19:18:44

Edited By Christian Ackroyd on 08/09/2011 19:19:34

"Dear **********

I think the guy is spot on. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't understand why people seem to enjoy getting so worked up about people selling tat or asking for unreasonable prices (in their opinion).

Why not trawl round all the model shop web sites and complain about items that cost more at one than another?

Well Andy you have a point. But like some others I do get quite cross at some of what I see on ebay. Have you looked at this ad? This guy is asking for a £200 starting bid on this model and a speccky Tx. He's claiming (in the wonderfully vague absent minded way that is so typical of these ads) that this set up cost £700 new. BUt of course he's "not sure"! Oh yeah.

Now you and I know that's nonsense. But sadly there are mugs in the world. Now you may say it none of my business - and you may be right. But if there is anything I can do that might stop someone being fleeced in the name of R/C modelling I'll give it a go. OK, he probably wont display my question - but maybe he will and at least I tried.

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/09/2011 21:31:53

Andy he's not just selling tat or selling it an unreasonable price, he's describing it as "used" which is defined in his advert by ebay as having cosmetic damage and otherwise in working condition. Are either of those appropriate? I think not. It should be described as "spares or repair". Basically it's dishonest, so good for a game starter.

If something for sale is of good merchantable quality there's no problem with whatever price, though the courts take a dim view of "over charging" (unless it's one of their own profession).

Funny how there is another current thread full of people slagging off yet another ebay sale, where the eventual purchaser has posted and is perfectly happy with his buy. I doubt the long list of people that slagged it off will spend the time to go on there and say they were wrong.

I'm not saying this one is a good buy- it looks terrible, but why do forum members feel the need to "police" ebay? It remains, as it always has, buyer beware. Why we feel the need to have a whole section of the forum dedicated to this is a mystery to me. I wonder what would happen if an irate seller contacted RCM&E and blamed a poor sale price on a thread where people had publicly derided an item?

Errr, we dont have "a whole section dedicated to this".
The section was created ( upon request from members ) for peopleto bring to the attention of fellow forumites stuff that THEY themselves were selling, or watching.

A few people have posted things that they spotted whilst browsing, which they consider "unethical" or plain crazy etc.

However, I tend to agree with you - these "items" should be discussed ( by those who feel inclined to do so ) in chit chat.

Unless anyone objects strongly, I will delete any such postings made here in future...or, if Im feeling charitable and have nothing better to do, may move them to chit chat - but that takes a fair bit of fiddling, patience, and time - which I dont always have

Posted by Lazygit on 08/09/2011 18:53:48:
Tom, where have I suggested abuse? I don't send, or advise sending abuse to anyone for any reason. There's nothing wrong with a tirade of civil questions though

I have a reply already:

"Dear **********

He doesn't seem to care...................

LOL, ok, i wasn't either I just thought it was funny. I wouldn't abuse anyone either...... But thanx for posting the reply, he doesn't sound like the kinda person I would buy off, LOL.

Tom