A1 Skyraider by BlitRCzWorks / Max Thrust

Piper Cub

Advert

• 1 month later...
I have often wondered why this magnificent aircraft has never been modelled (to my knowledge) in ARTF form.

But I have just seen this on the SMC website and it looks awesome.

It's not cheap, but look what you get for the money!

All my current models fly on 3S LiPos, and I have so far resisted going to 4S, but I'm weakening!

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 27/01/2012 06:37:03

• 1 month later...
Anyone flying one of these beasties?

Any thoughts on the flying characteristics especially on take off and landing? Seen a few you tube vids where people have had problems with snap rolls on take off but that may be because they didnt have enough air speed?

Also, are the main wheels big enough for grassy flying fields or is this really best suited to a tarmac strip?

TIA.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 27/01/2012 06:36:34

Banana Hobby has a video of this flying. If you can take in Pete's chatter on the model, the flight section is really good. Although there sounds like a full size plane in the background, you can still hear the 4 bladed prop on the A1 and it sounds superb.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 15/01/2012 13:22:13

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 27/01/2012 06:37:23

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by David Ashby - RCME Admin on 27/01/2012 06:42:36:
Airbrakes look interesting.

I've seen a couple of youtube vids that claim in flight, the airbrakes dont operate so well due in part to the servo \ mechannism not being strong enough!

BTW, thanks for sorting the BH youtube vid, I couldnt get it to post!

• 10 months later...

Just bought one of these today, have to say on first inspection, looks a very nice piece of kit....BUT!

No build manual included!, no problem really, straight onto century UK site and found the download for it. Now I don't know about you, but reading manuals on screen, just doesn't do it for me, it may as well be written in chinese! I like a nice hard copy by the side of me as I go through a build

Print it out...I hear you cry, but alas, poor old (new) printer has given up the ghost after only about 200 sheets through it, must be near xmas! lol

Not complaining about Century or the LMS here, just venting some frustration its not there, but these things can happen i suppose, the funny thing is, there is a check list in the box for all parts and the manual isn't mentioned on it...maybe the chinese think if its not on the list i can't need it wink

But if anyone out there is umming and arring about this one, quality looks fantastic so far, looks like it should build into a very nice model, probably even better with some weathering

Posted by Dylan Reynolds on 08/12/2012 22:33:07:

LOL do you live on HK site Garbo?smile p

Actually I did see that the day after I ordered mine through my LMS lol

Dylan I suffered something similar ages ago and now always shop around. HK seem to be the most active supplier/manufacturer out there, and yea I have spent many an hour salivating on it.

lol Garbo your keyboard must be a right old mess wink 2

But there is something strange about this kit and the instructions, as i said above, I got the kit home and took it into the house and broke the seals off it there to take a look at it.

However, I cleaned out my car this morning, so I could go and pick up my new one for the planes, and sitting there in the boot was a printed copy of said instructions! What makes this stranger is that the plane was brought home on the back seat and not in the boot!

Haunted kit anyone?