Blackburn B2 - a 30's bipe with a whole lot of shiny bits!

Tim Hooper

Advert

Posted by Jim Mansfield on 27/01/2019 01:17:10:

Tim, the photo are great, it's given me lots to work with, they are more than useful thank you so very much.

I do know I will have questions so I will be pleased with any help

My pleasure, Jim!

There's a host of ways that my model could be improved - folding wings might be an option -and if the photos help a bit, then that's all good!

Tim

Posted by Jim Mansfield on 03/02/2019 15:58:48:

Hi Tim, couple of questions for you, where did you get your instrumentation and how have you secured the cowl?

building coming along now almost completed the fuse, have to redo the nose As I "over sanded" the bits, lol

Hi JIm,

The dials in mine are from from scale - just stick-on items that came from Multiplex years ago.

The cowl is retained by a short dowel that locates into a hole on the top of F1. Magnets at the rear stop the cowl from sliding free.

Tim

Thanks again Tim, That's kinda thinking the same way to facilitate motor removal if required.

Solartex is not available here anymore so my thought was non shiny "aluminum" Monocote, I like the idea of am additional strip pretending to be rib tapes. I purchased 9/32" brass tube and remade the oleo struts to accommodate the 1/4" springs, also slightly squashed some aluminum airfoil to cover the oleo struts, so my U/C is built except for paint. I'm not sure about the fairing the struts yet as small nosing does not seem to be available either. I'll think of something .

Thanks again for your assistance

Jim

• 3 weeks later...