Legal? i think not

Alan Cantwell

Hi Chris - I know the seller has stated quite early on in the blurb that its not a genuine item - but that's not my gripe. I just find it deceptive and bad practice to fish around for people looking for a particular item, and then, after hooking them, fess up that it was con. You yourself were one of those people, and if nothing else, must surely have felt a little peeved at wasting time following the bait trail to discover that it was a false scent
Even poorer, is that E Bay allow it to happen - they lose all or any credibility they ever had in my eyes. Imagine a hobby shop, or online retailer deploying similar misleading tactics - I bet we would all be shouting about it then!
The ad is still live incidentally - and I have had no response to my complaint.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 09/10/2011 17:29:08

Advert

Hi BEB, don't get me wrong i do not agree with the advert, but the guy is being honest.
much like the advert for the new Peugeot on TV, it has this and that, does this and that but if you read the small print at the bottom of the screen " not available in the UK "
Surely then Peugeot should not be allowed to advertise the product in the UK but they do !
Not that i would buy a Peugeot !!!!

I have lots of Saito engines they are the Rolls Royce of model engines, can i mention Rolls ? They are not Rolls but if i advertised them using the Rolls name they would come up on a search for Rolls Royce,

I think, that if people are going to part with money then they need to look very carefully at what is on offer.
If it sounds too good to be true, then it most probly is !!!!
Regards ( and no hard feelings)
Chris.

Yes, surely it depends whether it is

1) a s3003 clone. Same size, same properties, just made by different people and different colour etc etc. IE obviously not a s3003

2) a fake s3003. Designed to look like a s3003 but not. Cashing in on people's trust of Futaba equipment to dupe them into buying some of (likely) lesser quality.

Big difference. 1) is annoying. 2) is illegal.

Futaba's legal dept may take some action in the form of a "cease and desist" instruction, if they knew about it. They may even use the threat of action against Ebay.

Trading Standards may do something if someone who bought one made a complaint. It probably has a CE mark, they are easier to fake than the servo.

I have bought two supposedly Futaba S3003 on purpose based on the photo the seller provided of a true Futaba S3003, after he had shipped it I emailed him to inform him if it wasnt a true Futaba I would do everything I could with Ebay to turn him inside out and put a black mark against his so called 'power seller' status.
No answer to that and as yet no servo's either, has anyone noticed though that S3003 are still being sold but ONLY true Futaba are described as such? all the Futaba clones have disappeared, I am fed up with seeing far eastern sellers taking western model makers for idiots supplying stuff that ,WHEN it fails not IF, costs us a lot of money.