Mode change on Futaba Skysport 6

Advert

Hi. I've done this a few times and it's quite simple. You need to swap over the potentiometer from the elevator, with the one for throttle. If you open the back you will see each stick connects to a gimble. Each gimble is attached to the casing by a four sided box. This box can be unscrewed and dismantled. The potentiometers can then be gently pulled off and swapped over. Just remember which is which. Re-assemble the housings, remembering to swap the rachet and spring for the throttle over too. Thats it. Take it slowly and keep an eye on what went where as you dismantle it.

Hi Shaun

Your idea does not work on my set. Allthe pots are fixed directly to a pcb and moving them is not an option. If you move them then the result will be - no change.
I cannot rewire the joystick either as the connectors are different on each joystick.

The tx motherboard is marked with mode numbers so I think that the answer is on this board.

Any more ideas

• 1 month later...
Hi Nick, we think BT are bad LOL, I think that will be easiest, the problem may be configuring diff switches etc, you don't tend to get a diff switch for the throttle, and if that is now your elevator you may lose that functionality. On the JR PCM you move the ratchet, and centreing spring to whichever sticks you want, then simply select modes 1 to 4 through the panel. But that is why the JR PCM is expensive I guess.