Sanwa Flaps Switch

I have a 35MHz Sanwa RD6000 Sport Tx, with a flaps switch which operates in only 2 positions, i.e. flaps up and flaps down. I require 3 positions, for flaps up, flaps down approx. 15 degrees for take-off, and full flap at approx. 45 degrees for landing.

Is it possible that, as the model has no retracts (DHC-2 Beaver), I can use the retracts switch to provide the necessary third flap position? The flaps are operated from a single central servo, via bellcranks.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advert

I have three 6000s and an 8000, as far as I remember, you can't mix the channels to do that, which was the main reason I went to the TH9X a couple of years ago.

Pity, as they are very good sets, lovely to use and excellent quality. and can be had for around £35 on ebay (bit more with a battery), but not the £150 plus some joker is trying to get for them at the moment !!

I will try to get the manual out at the weekend and see if I pencilled any notes in it.

It would depend if you can set the gear and flaps as the correct master/slave in the compensation mix.

I've done something very similar with a Spektrum Dx6i, mixed gear with flaps so I got take off flap setting with wheels down and landing setting with wheels down and flap switch activated. So if your tx can mix gear and flap channels that should be a problem.

• 10 months later...

It's been a long time since my original post, but I finally got round to sorting this out, now that the building season is under way again (not that it really went away during this rather 'damp' summer).

YES - IT IS POSSIBLE to mix flaps to retracts on the Sanwa Tx as I had hoped.
I now have 2 flap settings - 15 deg down for take-off and 45 deg down for landing (just like the full-size Beaver). I achieved this simply by mixing flaps to retracts, using the method shown under 'compensation mixes' in the manual. I used 'Flaps' as master and 'Gear' as slave, with about 50% servo travel dialled in to the Gear setting. I now have 2-position flaps - they just need setting up with the push-rods and any final adjustments made at the Tx when that is done.

Switching 'Flap' on gives me full flap for landing: switching 'Gear' on gives me partial flap for take-off. In addition, I have also fitted a servo-slow unit (from FPV) between servo and Rx which works on both positions/switches. I consider this to be a great success!

Hope this helps someone out there, as it probably applies to other makes of radio.