Where To Get A Bubble Dancer ?

So I have an old Bubble Dancer (BD) HLG and learn around six months ago that a big one exists. I find a model shop that has them but is out of stock. They will e mail when they get more kits. I wait. I e mail "any arrived" The reply "yes ages ago , we sold them all. won't be getting more bye" The well known shop will remain nameless.

So where Can I find a Bubble Dancer these days ?

Grateful for any help.

Ta, F

Advert

bubble dancerI believe the  plan is available via down load ,one of our group members built one last year ,its a superb sailplane designed by Dr Mark Drela.

Will have to design a model called "Lap Dancer" to keep Myron happy lol..Imagine the spec ,long u/c ,blue trim ,slim fuselage........

Tom.

Edited By Tom Wright 2 on 11/01/2012 17:34:22

I have come across some on the web, who marry the short kit with components from other manufacturers to ease the build. One in particular built the wings and tail feathers from the lazer cuts and used a new fuselage pod and boom (replacement parts) from a particular model made by Topmodel.cz . I don't know if I'll be able to find the link again, but I'll try.

Ro.

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 11/01/2012 11:29:24:
Just clicked on this thread and my first thought was "What happened to lap dancers ?" The rest I will leave to your imagination before the Mods delete my input .
Trying to hit the 5000 post marks by the way just in case you wondered

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 11/01/2012 11:32:19

I had similar thoughts, and was going to answer the question with "Angeles City"
Plenty of examples on utoob

And again alas the short kit is unavailable. I am looking or a two meter ish cheap thermal glider to play with when I don't want speed n petrol. Dos'nt have to be a BD. Could be something else. Not going to go the plan route as I know it will never get built, but a complete kit would be ok.

Thanks all - Myron - lap dancers! I was all excited when I saw how many replies there were. Turns out most were gibberish. Ta for that. Build up yer posts up some place else you Grumpy Person you !

Stamps foot and pouts fetchingly.

F

Posted by Flanker . on 12/01/2012 09:29:05:
And again alas the short kit is unavailable. I am looking or a two meter ish cheap thermal glider to play with when I don't want speed n petrol. Doesn't have to be a BD. Could be something else. Not going to go the plan route as I know it will never get built, but a complete kit would be ok .............................

F

Are you intent on a full build or would less work than that be ok?

To revisit a blast from the past and indulge again in an old friend that served me well for years, I'm building another Graupner Amigo. A nice build, classic design, convenient size and a good, simple, relaxed flier.

For some well thought out and effective ARF/ ARC machines, I've been pleased with stuff from Topmodel

Ro.

Posted by RGPuk on 11/01/2012 18:26:37:

Ro.

Topmodel have a nice range, as do Reichard. Both can be bought at Topmodel France shop: http://www.topmodel.fr/en/products-catalog-121-SAILPLANES

Chris

• 2 weeks later...