"Giant" Cessna

Steve W-O

Advert

Hi Steve, great build thread. The Cessna is my next planned plane. I wanted to buy it before but was told it isnt a trainer despite all the reviews commenting on how stable it is and easy to fly, hence the Mentor, but it will almost certainly be my second plane. Hows the build coming on? Looking forward to seeing a maiden video or at least a flight report.

Not flown yet, been ready for a couple of weeks now, but weather and time haven't happened on the same day.

I have to remove all the stickers, they are all peeling off, even though they haven't even been out of the house, unfortunately, throttlestore was very unhelpful, basically saying I had messed them up!

Posted by ericrw on 10/05/2012 08:49:52:

Steve, I've used Benderm Tape on the edges that are loose !!

I'm surprised to hear you have loose edges, throttlestore said they were all OK.

I am going to try a couple of things as I can't fly this weekend, otherwise I will remove it and use ordnary vinyl

Well, I've just put one in the basket (not buying one) to see what happened and the shipping charge changed from €5 to €125 inside Europe! smile o

Ericrw and Steve never mentioned that, so it might change when you checkout - but I'm not going that far.

Be interested to hear, like Chrisie.

Pete

Hi Pete, I bought mine about a year ago from Throttlestore and the price was approx 160€, inc P&P and VAT, no Custom charges. Obviously a bargain at that time !! Have you introduced your Grandson to the hobby yet ?? Eric.

Well, I just went all the way through to the final part of the checkout (using demo data of course) and the shipping stayed at that.

I can only assume it is a personal delivery in a gold plated helicopter.

Totally crazy, I paid 119 funny things, and at that it was worth it, but at 200 funny things it is over priced.

There is a lot of work to do on it to make it as good as you would like it, the stickers seem to be poor, now I know I am not the only one to have them peeling.

They claim theirs is the only one with carbon strengthening, more talk than substance, it is one piece of carbon tune about a foot long on the tailplane, easy to add if you bought from elswhere.

Really, that shipping kills is as a deal completely, at the earlier price they were a bargain, and interesting because of the size, but in fact it is only about 10" bigger than the Mentor in wingspan, I was surprised when they were together.

Posted by ericrw on 10/05/2012 15:21:14:
Have you introduced your Grandson to the hobby yet ?? Eric.

No, not yet. Mind you, he was only a month old when I saw him in March and his Dad wants to teach him to play football first......he's a Spurs supporter and, so I understand, they need all the help they can get! teeth 2 Surprised he didn't name him 'Arry.......

Anyway, I think I'll leave the Cessna off the list with the postage uncertainty - probably cheaper to drive/swim to Norway........smile

I'll content myself with the, no doubt, first class videos you and Steve will put up after the maidens!

Pete