Scale decals

Craig Spence

Hi all,

Im looking to buy some scale decals or rub on transfers for my Dehavilland Mosquito.
Problem is I cant find a place to buy, they need to adhere to tight curves and some with complex shapes. I have heard from a friend that he used a hair drying to make them conform to the surface.

I need roundals, tail flashes and also writing, these need to be largish sizes as well (I cant state a size as im not at home at the moment).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig.

Advert

please dont ruin your efforts with stick ons, they look exaclty like they say--stick ons, roundels are not difficult to paint on, and all your graphics can be done with ready made spray masks, just stick to the surface, spray with a matt colour, and remove the mask, simple, and looks a thousand times better than horrible stick ons

Hi Alan,
been looking for an airbrush and the cheapest I could find was around £20 with propellant.
Hope this will do the trick, time will tell.

I have humbrol paint but was wondering, my black and white are already super thin to the point that when you brush them on they always need second/ third coats, would I still need to really thin it down?.

Cheers, Craig.

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback on the decals, I have now found and supplier and will be getting some masks made up when I'm home.

I need help with a few things and was hopeing someone can steer me in the right direction.
I'm looking for a step by step guide (with pics) for creating panel line washes, gun/exhaust burns and general weathering.

I have found alot of sources but mainly for plastic tanks/ small airfix kits etc.., are there any scale rc plane guides.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers all,

Craig.