What's your favourite ARTF brand?

For some reason there's nowhere for me to vote, I've had kyosho which are built like brick outhouses, hangar 9 which are so flimsy it put me off them for good, World models, one of which was flimsy the other the midget mustang is again brick outhouse but my vote would go to blackhorse, I have their ultimate and now a midget mustang so I'm well pleased. I've never had a seagull model, don't know why.

Still prefer a kit built wot4 though.

Advert

Just put together (can't really say "built" a Black Horse Super Air after reading the review on this esteemed site.

Kyosho planes are built nicely but they have a reputation for undressing themselves in flight. A quick going over with the iron might have helped but by the time mine did the striptease it was a bit late. The bits which had come off had well and truly come off and the bits which were lifting were nicely oiled so that trying to get them to stick down was impossible.

shame really- in fact the reason I've been putting together the Super Air is because the wood in the Calmato got too oil soaked due to lifting film. A really shame and a bit of a disappointment, otherwise the Kyosho kit is really nice.

• 1 month later...
Posted by Tim Cope on 08/04/2012 09:44:13:

Precision aerobatics (PA) best range of ARTF planes out there ,,,well build ,light, fly well, good price ....how could you not have one in your hanger ....I have 4 !!

I have the PA Extra 260 so can understand your feelings, but for me (having a foam fetish) it'd have to be Multiplex. After that, World Models.

ok then, heres all i have owned,     its clear what my favs are

tried seagull--never again, the sea fury flys well, but is just to light, covering is orrid, mew gull? lets not go there

tried kyosho, the TA152,superb in every way--even though the covering needs an eye keeping on

modtech, very very good, distributed by YT assembled several, no problems

YT not so much an ARTF, more WELL built for you blank canvas that is crying out to be scaled out, superb, assembled many, not for the inexperianced, but do one, done them all

great planes one of the best out there, but i have had problems with my stearman military,

hangar 9, all shine and no substance, shoddy build, bulkhead on my corsair fell out!! and authentic ultracoat covering? PLEASE!!  but all i have had is the corsair, and the hellcat, boring to fly too,  just aerobatic machines with no feel

CMPRO, had the spitfire, corsair, warhawk, zero, sim in design to YT stuff, but so badly built, the comparison is an insult, build quality varies from batch to batch, just not consistant, but i also owned their harvard, and was quite impressed

world models, i have their big zero, and clipped cub, both superb, no faults found,

top gun ultimate, WHAT A PILE OF POOP!!!!! terrible weak design that was just downright dangerous

these are the ones i have personal experiance of, other from the companys may be ok though

Edited By Alan Cantwell on 08/04/2012 22:05:35

Edited By Alan Cantwell on 08/04/2012 22:07:29

• 6 months later...

Picking up on this thread a little late but my favorite ARTF has to be the big Black Horse Cap 232, for a value for money large model that's easy to fly and fills you with confidence it can't be beaten, also, unlike a lot of ARTF scale aerobatic models of it's size, the undercaridege doesn't pull out if you do a slightlyless than perfect landing. Ok not really a 3d machine but not everyone wants that.