Flair 1/4 scale Tiger Moth,how much can I ask ?

Jimbo565

I'm thinking about letting my Tiger Moth go,too big to transport any more,it takes two cars or a big van to get it to the patch.

question is how much can i ask for it ?

It has a new SC180 fs up front with Ten mins running time on it ,Futaba servos throughtout and a Sub C battery pack,remote glow and charging sockets.

wing panels are jigged in place to allow rapid assembly,two bolts each side

Comments please

Jim

Advert

Ill give ya a tenner Jim - mates rates eh

Seriously, that's one fine looking piece of aeroplane and Im sure BEB would pay more than me. Its always very difficult to put a sensible, yet worthwhile amount on these things - what its worth to you, is of course, probably different to what its worth to a buyer.
Lets kick off the auction with say.....£200?

Firstly; a beautiful kit.
Price; well in this current climate, I think you may be able to get £50 for it and it just so happens I have a buyer in mind. I am happy to broker the deal and may be able to get as much as £60 for it!!!
All joking aside, if it is the Flair kit, I saw one at the Sothern Model Show at Paddock Wood last year that went for £395 down from £450 with pretty much the same engine and Rx.
If I had the money I would happily take it off your hands. Good luck.

Tim,
The Premier kit was the first Moth I ever built,flew like a dream.

Guys, as Tim says its difficult to put a sensible price on it in todays climate but keep the comments comming in and we'll see where we are going

Mates rates, the King of NE1 aint chirped in yet, just waiting for him and the Weasel.

Jimbo

Disregard all those dodgy wheeler dealers Jim. I am prepared to offer you two or maybe even three models in exchange .Just depends what you are looking for (proper engines as well !).Most of my "airforce" have just been trial flown then put aside for the next project & most of my engines are bearly run in .I would like a big'un
Myron .Any cash adjustment possible dept

Jim I agree... it's a tough one!  For me personally I would rather you kept the big 4 stroke and got rid the airframe as that is the issue? Airframe transportation; possibly you could rehome the big glow in another model that is easier to transport?

Or like Myron says swop for some smaller models... Do you want ££ or models, if it's the latter I wonder what guys would offer in exchange. I suppose a lot will also depend on what model type you are interested in.

Edited By Tim Mackey on 26/01/2012 16:44:08

Dusty /Tim

Last count in the hanger there were 26 models hanging up so I desperately need to let some go to create some space for the new builds.

I'm sure Tim could raise a bit of cash if he sold the Lexus , he would raise enough to send some North and spend the rest on the Big Ugly fat F.

saw a Buff flying last year at the Sunderland air show .what a m/c, it flew up the flight line,turned around and departed.must cost a fortune in gas to keep those engines running.

good price on the 180

Same model count as me then Jim - and I keep trying to reduce it too
Bipes and me dont get on mate...BEBs your man, I'm sure he'll improve on my starting bid

As your motor is pretty much as new, and I know the quality of your model will be v-good, then I'm upping my suggested asking price to a less harsh, but I think realistic £300.

Unfortunately, I still think you can expect to haggle with any buyer.
Why not advertise her here, and on the BMFA and see what interest you get?

Tim

Checked out the BMFA classified ads and I might give it a go nearer springtime when the flying season takes off.

I need some time to check her over for hanger rash and bits here and there.

I understand that we modellers never get back what we put into them,so i'm coming round to accepting £300 as a starting bid on the old Ebay and see what happens.

be a while yet so you never know,

Posted by Tim Mackey on 26/01/2012 16:42:31:
Posted by Dusty on 26/01/2012 13:07:33:
Indeed it does Jim... I was trying to better Tims starting offer of 200 bucks!

Shall we start at 400?

Er, my starting offer was a tenner mate

No rock star wages in your time then Tim? lol

It is a very nice model... tempting....

Let us know how you get on! You could always put it on fleabay with a reserve and see if it sells there with your desired price tag.

Posted by Jim Carss on 26/01/2012 12:14:51:
Tim,
The Premier kit was the first Moth I ever built,flew like a dream.

Jim I have one of those under my desk unbuilt, what did you fly it with.

PS I can get a 180FS new for £145
Dont sell it for less than 400
there must be 200quids worth of covering alone!!
I am feeling a bit upset on the covering I have a 10mtr solartex roll in the hall that cost
me 97euro delivered

Seamus,

This is the premier Tiggy 100 yrs ago and the pic was taken on a box brownie,it flew like a dream on an Enya 61 fs, this model was the one that started it all for me,

War dept asked What do you want for xmas and I said a Tiger Moth and thats where it all began.

My LMS must have made a few bob on my 180 if you can get one for £145

If you can make out the one in the background, its the Bowman Miles Magister.

£400 is definately better tha Tim's £300

keep them coming and we'll see what transpires

Jim

Hi Jim you are under selling your model.A collegue in the club paid £375 for an unfinished Model the same as yours and paid a further£200 for a suitable Lazer engine,that he also purchased privately.He then spent a lot of time finishing the model off.I have found by spring a lot of guys have done there buying andare to busy out flying to bid on E bay.Best to put it on now while a lot of chaps are still in doors.Have it finish 9pm on a Sunday noght more people in doors watching by then.Plenty of photos help,and if you have one of it flying thatll help.A very popular model.A lot of man ours are spent building a model like this and there are a lot of guys who would love the model but havent the time or inclination to build.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\reserve it at £500

Stephen,

Thanks for your input,as my old boss used to say------ I admire your optimism,and as you say a lot of man hours are spent build ing and covering the model and its this time and effort that you never get back.

As Seamus has said the covering alone 10m of Solartex is close on a £100

If the guesstimates keep coming in I need to take the mean average and decide from there.

Saw a part finished kit on the BMFA site go for £300 a few days ago.

Jim

JC-bearing in mind your ability to 'peel an orange' in your pocket...... i would accept no less that around the £400.00 mark.... more would be nice..... but as most are suffering from financial cramp? ....... i would put it in the forum 'for sales'....... it'll sell itself..... looking at the fantastic finish/spec....

ken anderson ne..1... 2nd Hand dept...