The sound on my PC has stopped

Erfolg

The dound system with my PC has stopped working

I use windows 7

So far I have gone to the control panel, selected "hardware and sound", gone to "Trouble Shooting", then "Audio playback, done a check, with the result of no problems.

From the control panel I have selected "RealTeck Audio Manager" and undertaken a "audio driver update", the reply was current driver installed.

All the indications are that the computer thinks it is out putting sound.

I have tried also using the monitor speaker rather than the Creative speaker system, which uses a different lead.

Any ideas, before I take it to the PC repair shop?

Advert

I have checked the mutes, and there were about 2 or 3 available, although they could be the same page, accessed by another route.

What does seem strange that one of the tabs on the page, seemed to indicate that the two channels on the "Realtrek" IC device was outputting.

With my skills it is probably the PC shop.

The problem could be the sound drivers need to be reinstalled. .
go to your computer manufacturer's website and go to the support & downloads section.
From there, select your model PC and download the appropriate sound driver for your computer.
Then just double click on the file it downloads and install the drivers.
cool

i cannot claim anything for this, i just copied and pasted it,

Edited By Alan 4 on 21/02/2012 18:08:01

I have had the same problem with my PC now and again and before you do anything drastic let me tell you how I resolve it. It could be dust on the sound card as when it happens to my sound or lack of it, I lift the sound card from the seating and blow it and push it firmly back into its seating and hey presto! sound back again. You would have thought that something that sits there and doesn't move all day wouldn't need tweaking but it certainly does so give it a try.

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 21/02/2012 19:28:46

I will have to take it in, that it is before I upset all the software set ups, I have run Microsoft and Epson diagnostic checks (came up as part of the Microsoft scan). I cannot believe how many issues it thought I had. I foolishly clicked onto fix. I now hope there are no adverse consequences from this action.