Harlequin

Formtex1947

I presume that your car is also powered with a SC32 ?. That's about the same performance as a Heinkel ...................

........1950's 179cc Bubblecar ( for the benefit of those under 45 )............but it will be all we need soon with all these 20MPH signs increasing.

Edited By kc on 28/11/2012 15:48:03

Advert

Of course the Isetta was a BMW, I knew Peter would be either a Bentley owner or a BMW owner.

These Bubble cars were actually real engineering jobs --a cross between planes and scooters- complicated aluminium castings for the suspension and lightweight bodywork with steel tube structure forming a rollcage, perspex windows etc. The engines were about as powerful as those in some model aircraft now!

The only thing I have driven that was worse than the Heinkel was ................

..........the Heinkel when the brakes failed completely. But it was a good practice at anticipation in driving ( with or without brakes! ) Good job I didn't own it - --I had a decent car -Austin Mini which seemed like a Rolls Royce after driving the bubblecar.

The CAP 20 L has a span of 50" Quite easy to build, about the same as most of my designs.

Flies beautifully. Best four point rolls that I have ever seen. Avalanches are great, Will do square loops with half rolls on each leg.

One of our members who has not built a model in years has a set oof the plans and wants to build because he was so impressed with the way she flew.