Seagull Grob Tutor

Just putting mine together now. Had to buy smaller wing servos, as it doesn't take normal servos, apart from the fuselage servos, being normal sized. Using Hitec HS-5485 HB on the Elevator/Rudder, HS-311 on Throttle and four HS- 225BB Might Micro on Aileron and Flaps.

Still got no engine, but looking for a .70-.80 four stroke. Probably would fly ok on a 61, but not going to try. What's the best engine to use, I wonder?

Advert

Just need the engine, now. Got several 70-80's but don't want to take them out of their airframe to finish the Grob.

The pilots, though can't be used. As in the review look ok in a Chinese Airforce Exchange pilots - totally wrong, so the two chaps will go in my Pilots' Holding Room and a new RAF/ATC Cadet sourced...

• 1 month later...

Took the finished photos, today. Ready to go. In the end, I put a Kangke 50 two stroke engine in it. Actually, the 2 stroke will sound better scale, as the full-size has a whine, rather a phut phut sound.

Anyone who's seen my Seagull Turbo Porter a couple of years ago, that has the same make of engine as this.

Also put lights and activated the nose landing light via a switch. So has two light switches, one for the nav and nose light. Upgraded the flap servos to metal, as I stripped one, and don't fancy losing a flap on landing.

On the pilots, I had to use them, as I couldn't get anything else. Painted their suits, so at least it looks RAF. Better than an empty office...

Edited By Paul Marsh on 01/01/2013 12:11:51

Edited By Paul Marsh on 01/01/2013 12:12:40