Seagull Grob Tutor

Advert

I like the Grob, as well. I collect the RAF Trainer aircraft, which the Grob replaced the SA Bulldog, then the Chipmunk. Also have a Grob 109 powered glider, which the ATC use.

Probably will be out late summer, winter time, going by the Silence Twister release...

wow, I was up in one doing aerobatics yesterday (real one) may have to save a little pocket money and buy one as soon as my other planes are done. :D looks great! would look nice alongside the chipmunk

Edited By Tom T on 02/04/2012 20:38:56

• 3 months later...

I bought one last weekend. Not sure what engine to put in yet, but have no servos or receiver spare.

Regarding the engine, should I fit a two stroke, or a four stroke. The full size doesn't sound like a four stroke, more a whine. I reckon a 80 size four stroke should be ok.

what do you have? Got loads of two strokes spare, but running low on suitable four strokes.

Looking at my stock list, I've got a couple of SC 120FS, TT 91FS (too big), 2 Enya 61's, 3 Enya 120's, OS Alpha 56 and a few OS 40/48 Fs's. The Thunder Tiger 75 was used up in Acro Wot. Need to look around the Nats to re-stock...

.Lol. Logged about 1500 hours in the Bulldog and Tutor flying Air Ex Cadets and Initial Training students. Loads of fun, a pleasant and forgiving aircraft to fly, but very capable and strong with Grobs unique kevlar construction technique.

I noticed, as Andy Johnstone (of RC 3D Heli fame and Air Cadet) bought one, and the RAF Roundal is the wrong colour! Doh. Silly Seagull, it should be red spot with blue "target", but the blue is black, although the red is correct. We're both altering that little error.

Just found a Laser 80 spare, but needs new springs, and the valves won't close properly. Could use that, but checking it now, a little on the long side. The plane it was in before (AT6 Texan) really stuck out from the front of the cowl. Need to service the Laser and probably look for a ASP 80, maybe another Alpha 81. Suppose I haven't got the Alpha 72, should be enough.

Posted by Paul Marsh on 31/07/2012 19:39:49:

The full size doesn't sound like a four stroke, more a whine. I reckon a 80 size four stroke should be ok.

If that's the case, Paul, and it whines rather than put-puts, have you considered a leccy motor? My Phoenix Decathlon sounds the biz.........smile pwink 2

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice video Graham. I reckon you've got the best job in the world. Flying model planes for a living; its the stuff of dreams. smile

My Bro has just bought a share in a Grob. Its not a tutor its a tail dragger and he loves it.

Edited By Hogster on 11/10/2012 08:54:08

I notice in the recent Seagull kit review ( RCME Special Edition ) that critical comment is made of the manufacturer producing ill fiting spats.

Could it be that the builder / reviewer has fitted the undercarriage legs back to front?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/10/2012 09:07:53

Posted by Stan on 11/10/2012 23:09:50:

I notice in the recent Seagull kit review ( RCME Special Edition ) that critical comment is made of the manufacturer producing ill fiting spats.

Could it be that the builder / reviewer has fitted the undercarriage legs back to front?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/10/2012 09:07:53

No, the reviewer tried that one Stan.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/10/2012 09:09:23