Superb F4-U Corsair vid

• 3 months later...
Advert

beutifully shot, but what have they done to that lovely corsair, it looks like a circus performer, i LOVE this bird, i have 4 after all, they are NAVY planes, each to their own, but to paint a classic warbird like this does not go well in the warbird world, sorry, its the traditionalist in me

Such brilliant videography. This is the reason I've put my build on hold twice now. I want it to be right. While that red is some bright... it sure ain't no warbird. Even though civi's did purchase them and convert for racing I still have to say give her Navy or at the very least a camo paint scheme. Time I think to put other projects on hold, clean up the bench and get back to the Brian Taylor corsair.

Thaks for the kick in the... inspiration.

Thanks,

What a great video. However I much prefer the US Navy colour of my FMS corsair which seems to have been copied from the one hanging in the Smithsonian. Wouldn't it be fun if one had a model chopper mounted camera so I could see the same sort of view of my model flying.

Paul.

I've got nothing against the Reno racer type schemes, at least it offers a bit of variety. I'd like avoid the usual blue scheme when I do build my Corsair. I've seen RN grey on grey schemes, and Christian's is cool but I really fancy a desert scheme. Unfortunately the Yanks seem to have just left them dark blue wherever they were flown - confidence or what? Surely some country other than GB must have given them a lick of paint?

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 26/07/2012 09:02:59:

beautiful shots of a nice plane, but I really wouldn't want that scheme on a model - to easy to end up wondering which way up it is. Been there, done that, burnt the evidence! I am tempted to start my TF Corsair kit now though!

Some people will give any excuse for crashing

- a wasp landed on my nose

- the guy behind me was talking

-my glasses fogged up

- that post wasn't there last week

so i am going to use this type of colour scheme on all models from now on. lol

bbc.