Dx8 help

David Bess

I am trying to get my new DX8 to a phoenix sim It is asking ;( you have not selected a control profile from the system>controls menu ; Please open the system>your controls menu and select a control profile from the list)???? I have read the DX8 manual and can't find a control system???/ What am I missing here , if there is any one out there that has a clue what I am talking about can you please enlighten me as to how I do this , sorry to be so stupid my excuse is I am not up on RX's or sims . never had a RX or sim new to all this

Thanks David crying 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have a question on the DX8. When recharging the transmitter. How do you know that it is fully charged ?? I have read the manual but cannot see any mention of this. Or is it just the case of charging it for 2 hours ??

Reading the reviews on some of the other brands this topic is covered.

Kind regards

Hi Andrew

The built in charger in the DX8 is one of the poorer parts of the transmitter. If you have the standard NiMh battery then you need to leave it on charge for quite some time, I'm sure it is mentioned in the manual.

HOWEVER, the built in charger doesn't stop automatically (unless you have a LiPo and are in LiPo mode) so Spektrum actually recommend that you dont let the NiMh charge beyond where it starts to get warm. Apparently it is quite possible to ruin the battery by leaving it on charge too long.

If you need more info, then I'll have more time this evening.
Cheers
Chris

The likelihood of there being a fire risk when charging the NiMh pack is vanishingly small, Andrew, so I wouldn't worry too much on that score. It needs a good charge first time to form itself.

Folks have been trickle-charging Tx's for years without any problems - just because the DX8 charger is in the Tx and not in the plug socket doesn't make it any different, IMHO. If you cannot guarantee being around at the end of the charge period, then using a socket timer will be fine and give you some peace of mind.

When you have charged the Tx, you will see that it should read about 5.6V or thereabouts and the screen display will appear to show 50% or less charge-state. This is NOT a problem - the display is designed to take account of the Li-Po pack which charges to a higher voltage (about 8.4V).

The DX8 will work fine down to about 4.3V - and it will last for several hours on each charge - but when I was using the NiMh (I'm on Li-Po now) I made a point of recharging when it reached about 4.6V.

Enjoy it and don't listen to the nay-sayers about Spektrum gear - it's a great Tx! thumbs up

Pete