Habu 2

Advert

• 2 months later...

A bit late here boys but i'm with you on the colour scheme too,i would of rather of had the blue and yellow one like the MK1,still i'm looking forward to this one as i've still got the MK1 in the hanger,i might have to get this one as well but i think i could just go with an air frame only this time around,put my own set-up in there and see how that goes,well i'll have to wait and see when it lands on our shores.

• 1 month later...

Hi all . Re the Habu colour scheme , have any of you repainted your model ? I have a Mk 1 blue,yelow and gray version and find it a very dull boring scheme . I want to go for a bright red with posibly yellow trim. To get a bright red I really need a white base coat/primer as water based reds seem to be very see through . My last edf was already white and took the bright colours really well . Finished with some water based varnish its still looks good a couple of years and many flights later, pictured model. Testing the same Artists acrylic paint on the grey foam used on the Habu produced a dull orange .Has anyone any suggestions what paint is suitable for producing the white base coat needed without adding too much weight ? I have spray gear so am not dependant on aerosols img_2051[1].jpg

Edited By Engine Doctor on 14/08/2012 10:22:31

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 14/08/2012 16:19:51

• 3 weeks later...

Flew my Habu 2 for the first time yesterday, not bad, but has retracts and flaps and is very, very nose-heavy even with quite a light battery. And with the pseudo-thunderbirds scheme, difficult to see against a light grey sky.

All that I can live with, but it was extremely noisy (seemed to be louder than the original Habu), I'd characterise the noise as a kind of high-pitched scream. In fact, it was so noisy that it failed the club noise test, so I can't fly it again until something is done about it.

At this stage I'm not sure where the problem is, hoping to do some tests later on this evening.

Anyone got any suggestions for a fix other than getting the fan dynamic balance checked?

• 1 month later...

Just wondering what watts roughly i should be getting on a stock habu 2 with my watt meter in series with esc and flight battery am reading about 640 watts and about 46 amps using a 4s lipo 3000 30 c on full chat.

is this correct as some on american forums are saying 800 watts?

Thanks..

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 02/11/2012 20:06:11

Engine Doctor,

I'm with you on the original colour scheme. I started re-painting mine soon after I got it (3 flights) and it is still waiting to be finished, and no further flying. I used some of the special primer for this sort of foam on all the unpainted areas then masked and sprayed with Auto air colours, which are water based acrylic. I have had very good results on helicopter canopies and I'm not the only one apparently. The white primer coat gives a very good base on which to build colours. Al was going very well until I removed the masking whereupon some of the original paint came away! Seems that e-flight cut corners in their painting process. I am now waiting until I have renewed enthusiasm to finish the job. think I will have to use masking tape over all the original paint, peel it away and prime and re-paint any areas that come away. It may take a while as I found flying it a bit boring so there is no great incentive to finish it, and when I have I will probably sell it.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted by Paul Travis on 02/11/2012 19:27:06:

Just wondering what watts roughly i should be getting on a stock habu 2 with my watt meter in series with esc and flight battery am reading about 640 watts and about 46 amps using a 4s lipo 3000 30 c on full chat.

is this correct as some on american forums are saying 800 watts?

Thanks..

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 02/11/2012 20:06:11

I'd expect about 800 W hot off the charger; if my maths is correct then 640 watts at 46 amps implies that the pack voltage is being pulled down to less than 14 volts, which tends to imply that the pack is either a bit old, not fully charged or (irrespective of what the label says) is not actually 30C. Or that the ESC is not seeing 100% throttle...

• 7 months later...