Tutor 40 full kit RTF

Dean Jeffery

Advert

Posted by Martin Harris on 23/04/2012 14:18:14:

Need a few clues if anyone is going to be able to answer this query!

This is a copy and paste of the now ended listing, i did post up pics but looks like there It showing, or not on the iPhone anyway. If pics failed I will upload a gain when I get home.

Tutor 40 Trainer plane with Irvine Nitro Engine and Instructions (The plane has had a number of repairs done to it after a few crashes but is now fully working but has a few signs of being repaired, ideal for the beginner as you will have some crashes trust me) . The wing is brand new at a cost of £80, used only once. Includes a receiver and all servos fully working
Futaba 6EX radio gear, batteries and charger
Integrated Flight Control Box including electric fuel pump for filling the model, glow plug starter, starter motor for Irvine engine. Complete with 12v Battery to operate the control box and charger for battery.
Spare Propellor
Power Mate II battery checker.
Flight box with wheel for storing all equipment as shown in photo
Spare Fuel

Hi Dean...i did search on fleabay but it must have ended before i looked..I think you have to consider that the airframe and engine would be close to £150 new. Add to that the radio and all the bits and pieces and i would say yes it's worth the asking price provided everything is in working order. Is the seller near enough for you to have a look?.

Andrew

It ended last week with no bids, it's only 7 miles away from me so taking a look would not be much of a problem. The seller as not emailed back though so will just have to wait or carry on searching.

Other trainers that i looked at was a few hundred miles away, so would cost over £100 in fuel their and back.

I dint want to post item number incase some body snapped up a deal, this as happened to me on another forum.

Posted by Dean Jeffery on 23/04/2012 15:38:26:

I dint want to post item number incase some body snapped up a deal, this as happened to me on another forum.

It only takes a minute to find it, so I think that is a risk you take by asking!

I have my doubts that it would be snapped up in a hurry, for the same reason you don't want to drive too far, there won't be crowds of people nearby.

I didn't look at the locations of the others, but on ebay, you can be sure there will be more listed.

I'd been looking for an IC trainer on ebay for a while & there are always plenty, usually in pretty good condition and at reasonable rates. Unfortunately I live in the north east of Scotland so collecting is near impossible.

However, I recently won an unflown Kyosho Calmato 40 trainer with brand new .46 engine for £56 !face 1

It was sold as spares or repair so I took a gamble and got a bargain - very few issues with the plane and the engine ran sweetly for the first time yesterday. Fixed a minor geometry issue with the tailplane & need to remount the servos properly but no more expense needed.

Posted by Dean Jeffery on 23/04/2012 16:15:29:

Well i will just wait as you say more will come up, not every body knows how to search for ended items thats why I did not post the item number.

Same as people don't no how to list what they have regards item titles, I have to search for RC Plane just to bring them up.

That didn't occur to me, we all search for completed listings, even the kids, to make a comparison of the price and condition to make sure we don't pay over the odds, I think most people do the same.

Anyway, I would be very wary if he now offered it outside ebay, saying the sale fell through. He would save a lot in fees and paypal, and you would have no protection or comeback if things went wrong.

I'm sure you will soon find something, as you say you have to use a variety of search phrases to find everything, that is not only the seller, but also how ebay weights the search.

Posted by Baron Baz on 23/04/2012 17:19:58:

Dean - I won't tell you the link just in case, but there's a new Seagull trainer for sale in Heanor, which I'm guessing isn't a million miles from you. It's £150 but has a .46 engine & servos.

Good luck whatever you get

But there's no radio, or flight box, which from the original post he would like, and the engine needs "tweaking"

Posted by Steve W-O on 23/04/2012 16:39:11:
Posted by Dean Jeffery on 23/04/2012 16:15:29:

Well i will just wait as you say more will come up, not every body knows how to search for ended items thats why I did not post the item number.

Same as people don't no how to list what they have regards item titles, I have to search for RC Plane just to bring them up.

That didn't occur to me, we all search for completed listings, even the kids, to make a comparison of the price and condition to make sure we don't pay over the odds, I think most people do the same.

Anyway, I would be very wary if he now offered it outside ebay, saying the sale fell through. He would save a lot in fees and paypal, and you would have no protection or comeback if things went wrong.

I'm sure you will soon find something, as you say you have to use a variety of search phrases to find everything, that is not only the seller, but also how ebay weights the search.

steve you seem to no enough about ebay and the many loop holes, i have been stung twice with ebay, and asked plenty of question in order to protect or help protect my hard earned.

Posted by Baron Baz on 23/04/2012 17:19:58:

Dean - I won't tell you the link just in case, but there's a new Seagull trainer for sale in Heanor, which I'm guessing isn't a million miles from you. It's £150 but has a .46 engine & servos.

Good luck whatever you get

Yep seen it already cheers

close enough but wanting RTF

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am now the owner of a tutor 40 trainer thanks andy, started it last night sounds sweet.

I have decided to go for the DX6i RX combo, as am used DX7 anyway.

Will place this order after work, so should be here no later than Wednesday.

Maybe able to test fly next Sunday, will post up a vid as the GOPRO fits perfect on the leading edge of the wing, will also have the GPS logger doing its thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the plane is all set up ready for the maiden flight, i did a maiden drive around the garden if that counts lol.

I did get the DX6i funcution are easy and no need to use instrruction, apart from binding.

I got the DX6i RX combo, case, 2 glows A3, 4 bats all in £175, bat as always one forgets a volt checker, and exhaust deflector, so ebayed then for less than a tenner.

Posted by Alan Cantwell on 14/05/2012 17:22:22:

good, just dont get giddy, and try it alone, do you intend joing a club etc?

I'm not alone, my brother has been flying planes for about 6months, he take his down to a field a five mims walk 3-4 times a day, i emailed and intended to join a club local to me, but never responed to my mail. I have access to a closed pit road a good few hundred meters long, this is basically in the middle of no where, plus access to another site with fields 360. I may go and visit this club, but not for my first few flights.