Is it really a budget hobby?

Baron Baz

hmmm gonna be early to hop farm for all the bargins!

oh its a hell of alot cheaper than many other hobbies, and gary what hi-fi did you get for that price?. i sold all my hi-fi gear now used to have the arcam solo and a nice set of B&W speakers, have just got a nice set of akg headphones for the mp3 player perfect for cutting out all the worries of the world.....

and my brothers hobby is motorbikes, he has spent around £8k this year and is just about to start building a custom bobber with a harley engine, so far the total estimate is around £5K for that.

well i am off to go sort out the tail feathers of my cessna 170 that i am building

Advert

A hobby is as expensive you want it to be. When I started flying, I only had two or three models for a couple of years, being at college. It only took off when I started work.

Problem is modeling doesn't really stop. You get one plane or engine, then want something else, then more. 700 engines later and 300 + airframes later.

I've got Hifi equipment, but got almost everything now. Got all the amps, speakers and just bought a new AV Processor last year, which alone would've cost almost £5k, but got it less. Add the Amps at £1k each(7 off), cables, Reference class speakers, subwoofer, soon adds up.