The Quest, no not the Holy Grail, been done

Danny Fenton

Advert

Thanks martian, no I am happy to get feedback. I am not thrilled with the S but I think its as good Ias i will get it crookThe border gap is easily sorted, however I am not sure I agree with the angle, if you look at the arrow heads they are pointing at the correct letters in the FIRST and AID, could it just be the perspective is throwing it?

Cheers

Danny

Unfortunately I underestimated the size of some of these and I am going to need to have some of the smaller ones done as dry rubs as my plotter will cut small characters but NOT this small!, remember the model is only slightly bigger than 1/7th scale. I know Flightline does dry rub, anybody else do them?

nomenclature.jpg

Cheers

Danny

I have never bothered looking anywhere other than flightline Danny. He does get very busy, so his lead times can stretch a bit, but Nigel is brilliant. Don't phone him unless you have an hour to kill talking about your model- he is the only person I know that gets as excited about your build as you do yourself!

Can't recommend him highly enough.

• 3 months later...

Hi Martyn, The Apache took over and now the Bistormer has taken over from that wink 2

I am in communication with Nigel at Flightline and some of the artwork needs to be redrawn in Illustrator before he can do the dry rubs. Once they are done there is a little more stencilling to be done, the Underside roundels to do and then its on to weathering.

So its not quite finished but very nearly. I have promises regarding the Apache that I need to fulfill before i can get back to finishing it.

I am hoping that the Hurricane will be flown at Greenacres in the summer smile p

Cheers

Danny

• 4 months later...

Well been doing some systems checking on the Hurricane in preparation for the big day, thought you might like to see a video....

The microphone in the camera dropped the gain to protect your ears, it is fairly loud

Cheers
Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 27/06/2014 16:38:52