The Quest, no not the Holy Grail, been done

Danny Fenton

• 2 months later...
Advert

The Hurricane is just about done, a couple of small jobs (wheel covers and a catch to keep the canopy shut) and then its done. It seems a scale model is never finished, the modeller just decides to stop working on it. There are loads more bits I could do, but lets see if it flies first smile p

Last night the model was taken to the Greenacres club night for its official weighing. This is a requirement for us to fly as we have a limit of 7kg. I must confess to being a little dissapointed that the addition of the sound system and the consequent noseweight to counteract the heavy speaker has pushed the model up to 12lbs. A bit high for my liking and it is tempting at least for the first flight to remove the speaker. I will mull it over.

The weathering is complete, the exhaust staining done, a friend in germany is helping me by printing the wheel covers on his 3D printer. I am just finalising the pilot figure and we are done.

dsc_8524 (small).jpg

The camera close-up really makes the pilot look rough, I don't think it looks so bad at a foot away but there we go, at least a pilot is not required for static just the flying. And then he will be hidden behind the canopy crook

Oh and don't tell anybody but he is a 1/7 USAF figure from Aces of Iron......

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 25/09/2014 11:38:38