DX 7 set up Problems

Dave M

I have installed the receivers into my model, done through the "bind" process as described in the manual, even set the servo's as required (reversed etc). However, when I remove the Bind plug, I loose all sigal to the aircraft. When turning everything back on, I have to go through the bind process again, having lost the previous settings, as you can imagine this driving me mad. The manual says to remove the bind button, but this is on the rear of the trans, so not sure if this is right.

I have named the model in the memory, do I have to go through a select process after turning the trans on each time? I am definately missing something.

If anyone can hep, I would really appreciate it, I wanted to fly today, but at this rate, thats not going to happen!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Advert

Hi Dave

What do you mean " remove the bind button, but this is on the rear of the trans" You dont remove anything off the Transmitter!

The easiest way to bind the the equipment be it electric or ic is as follows.

Set your Trans to whatever model memory position ( Name of Model) you want- then turn it off

Using a standard receiver power pack 4.8v (spare) or the one in the model. unplug it from the battery terminal on the receiver.

Plug the bind plug into the receiver batt socket. Then plug the battery directly into any socket on the receiver  Normally Aux 2 is usually free. NB you cannot bind the the euipment directly through a 2 lead switch harness. It has to be a 3  lead one - as like the one supplied with the specktrum system.

The receivers should then both flash

Then Holding IN the bind/range test button in on the back of the Transmitter - then turn on the Transmitter - when the RX lights go solid green - job done

Remove the Batt lead from the RX and the bind plug - turn off your TX and the reconnect your power pack to batt terminal (via the switch harness) on the RX as per normal.

Turn on your RX then TX as per normal - You should be then ready to go.

This method saves messing around with switch harnesses when binding.

If you look on the forum some months ago as I recall Timbo did a piece on this - probably in more detail.

Hope this helps  Al

I cant really add to Alan's excellent step by step guide. I think you are just not following the procedure correctly, as I never have any such issues with any of my models ( now up to 12 on Spekky )

Most likely, you have not waited for 2 x solid green lights after binding. This can take many seconds, as the tr has to seek and lock on to a free channel before anything else. Remember also, this has to happen EVERY time you switch on the tr, and it is not uncommon to have to wait 5 or 10 secs before recognition is complete.

Alan, thanks for your advice, I have followed it and now have a link "saved" between the tx and rx, the only difference to your advice is that the rx lights went solid orange instead of green!

I initially followed the manual, which even though I got to the solid rx lights, it would not stay bound and needed the process repeated when turning everything on again. I even copied the process as shown on a spektrun DVD, only to fail.

Your method works, so is excellent.

My other tx (JR) went U/S after flying on Saturday so I was thought I would install the spektrum gear for Sunday, if the manual was clearer/correct I would have been OK, but instead missed out on excellent weather, still thats life!

Once again, thanks

Dave

I managed to fly both Saturday and Sunday with no problems from the radio gear, so am now a spektrum convert. I did lose the model in a cloud on Sunday, (the weather was closing in!), which was a little challenging to say the least, but thats another story!

I also repaired my other TX, which turned out to have a blown fuse, so thats a result as well.

Have a good Christmas

Dave