A big Hand Launch!!!!!

Advert

What a great find Rich thumbs upWhy don't we see RC model clubs like that over here ? In fact that would be a good new poll heading for Mr Ashby ,"Show us your club field" .

As for the model ....well it's certainly ugly but to some extent the way it performs and effort that must have gone into such a project makes up for that .The wind turbines in the back ground certainly added some extra drama to the proceedings.

When you consider that the lift has to increase by a factor of four as the speed is halved the aircraft will have used some cleaver design ideas and I certainly take my hat off to the guys involved .

Low speed flight has always been of great interest to me although not very practical in average wind conditions the shear grace of slow speeds demonstrates the beauty of flight at it's best.

Did spot some safety issues,but never the less a great achievement ,and it raised a smile as it makes my Blue Monster design look almost pretty .

Thanks for taking the time to share

Tom.