PSSA meeting June

Olly P

Hi all,

I have been told of a PSSA meeting on the Orme coming up soon, and will hopefully be able to come along as SWMBO is in Plymouth visiting the out-laws.

I don't have any PSS or any scale models, but will have my fox conversion done, for some fun, and my ST330 should be flying again by then, both of these should be OK for sloping. I have never sloped before and while I know I will be welcome, will anyone mind me flying my none PSS models, or indeed offering some tips on how to slope?

Thanks

Olly

Alan - that sounds good mate!

What is up with the canopy? (I'm going to get into trouble for this one....)

You free a week Friday, early evening?

Oh and Dave - you know my thoughts for the TB3 84 inch monster....

Edited By Olly P on 07/06/2012 20:48:33

Hi Olly,

You'll be more than welcome to join us and fly non PSS models - its a Fly for Fun meet, no strict competition, we do limit the number of aircraft in the sky at any one point in time to best protect the scale models from needless risk of mid-airs but there will be loads of opportunities to fly and loads of help on hand to fly your sports model - I look forward to meeting you up on the Orme 16th/17th June.

I hope you take on the Sabre and you will soon be hooked on PSS as Dave has suggested

Phil

Alan - PM me and let me know when you are free between now and next week and I'll call in on way home from work, or possibly on Sunday.

If you can;t find the canopy I can make something up to make it flyable I'm sure - and I have a spare Rx too.....

Picked up the Sabre last night - will be flyable by sunday - needs canopy and one aileron attaching. I've ordered the Rx and a flight battery for it.

Alan also gave me one other, I'll post photos tonight, it needs more work than the sabre and therefore might not be ready by Sunday, but it depends on what time I get finished work on Saturday.... As a guessing game I'm not going to name it.....Dave G/Alan you know what it is so no jumping in!

Olly

Well, the Sabre is ready to fly. Alan and I discovered one aileron had come astray so that has been re-hung and I've pinned both sides with some nscrap CF rod.

The Fox conversion is finished - photos will be on the build thread shortly, just want to add a little CW Tape to the underside below the battery hole after the camera has charged up and done its thing.

The ST-330 has had it's wing tube straightened. I'll be starting the canopy tonight after taking her to and from her appointment, but need to get some M5 captive nuts or longer M4 wing bolts. Giantshark, test order inbound!

Sunday is looking like a goer! Dave I'll ring you tomorrow buddy to sort transport as SWMBO will have chosen a vehicle by then!

Olly

Fantastic Tim, we will finally meet!

I have been reviewing the work needed, and the canopy for the ST-330 will take a few hours tonight hopefully, I've got a piece of balsa which has been soaked in ammonia and water drying to shape at the moment....

I am thinking that I will clear the ST-330 and have a quick clean of the bench, then do the F-4 outer wing panel. while that dries I'll do the elevator hinges and wing mounts. Then I'll do the little bit extra I want to do on the Sabre (just pinning some hinges), and carve the replacement aileron for the F4.

Then I'll do the canopy once the F4 is finished/drying...I may have 4 flyable by sunday!

youve made an aileron--ive just found oneteeth 2 determined to get the thing in the air arnt you!! take some stick on tyre weights, give the inside of the sabre a coat of something to seal the wood, then the tyre weights will stick to the wood, hope you get a fly with the F4, its a tad light for a good blow, but its worth a try, not lot of glue area on that wing tip, perhaps a slot or 2 cut in, and a brace of braces? cut slot, insert square of ply, mark with sharp pencil, cut and glue, 10 minutes work

Right, wing tip reattached, elevator rehung, servos tested. wing mounting brackets glued back on.

Need to sand aileron, add hinge and hang it.

Once that is all done I'll be working on the canopy for the ST-330 a bit more and maybe trying to get the Phase 3 Chipmunk gliderable too - that won't take much.

Roll on Sunday!

not quite finished yet, still got the aileron to do. need to cover it somehow too, probably use some black solarfilm on it.

Piccys will be up soon, need to bring it down and put it into the front room so there is space for it to be photgraphed fully assembled.

I'll photograph the F4 Later too.

Olly

Aileron Sanded. Control rod piece that was still attached to rod glued onto new aileron. hinge slots cut.

waiting for epoxt to dry now then going to cover it in some offcut black solarfilm - I know it won't match but I'm going to repaint the whole thing eventually and it is spare, to hand and quick!

I promised photos didn't I..let me rig and weigh the sabre....then I'll photo graph it....