I've just finished reading this book by Norman Franks and Andy Saunders. It is beautifully presented on art quality glossy paper with hundreds of authentic photographs. But this is no mere coffee table book, its an excellently researched work. The section on attempting to locate the great pilot's final resting place is particularly well put together with a detailed analysis of the various War Graves Commission investigations etc. I won't spoil the ending by telling you the outcome!

The insight the book gives you into Mannock himself is fasinating, as is the side light it throws on the other great Allied aces of the period. Mannock was much less famous in his day than many of them - but probably the finest leader of men amongst them. Unlike the others he did not regularly patrol on his own and was free and open in explaining to less experienced pilots the strategies he employed.

A very enjoyable, readable and informative book.

BEB

Advert

BEB

Where is the detail of the book price. Where it can be obtained. Although the Authors are given, what about book title and publisher.

I was wondering, perhaps we all should be providing the ISBN, in future.

Although not quite related, I have found with the ISBN number ,some excellent value books are available from Abe and Amazon, as supposably or actually second hand prices. A mere fraction quite often of the recommended price.