LMA Elvington show

Advert

• 6 months later...

Yep so glad we got back on there after an 11 year break from it, this will be our third year at this fantastic site with its two mile runway to play on. Treaders are already booking in for this event, which will be on the 10th and 11th August this year, camping starts Friday 9th from 4pm though to Monday noon on the 12th so a nice long weekend to enjoy.

I do hope some of you can make it. even if it is only to watch Dave Johnson's new Vulcan Bomber, boy is it big.

Hi Malcolm, as much as we like to see our shows in the Mags, I do understand why they give some shows a miss, once you have reported on a few shows you find yourself repeating the same thing, it is hard to find something new to say. It is different for me with the LMA Journal we cover all our shows for the members that can't make it, the main stream mags don't have that obligation. There job is to report on things that are new or interesting to a wide range of modellers and with Cosford only a month before Elvington it is hard to justify putting two events in one after another.

Edited By LMA David Parry on 29/01/2013 21:45:31

Edited By LMA David Parry on 29/01/2013 21:46:14

• 4 months later...

Its maybe pertinent to point out that the LMA show and the museum are separate entities and entry to one does not afford entry to the other. A few years ago, there was a shuttle bus between the two & I'm sure that the museum did well from people popping across from the airshow. Sadly in recent years, the museum have opted out and this no longer applies.

that said, both are well worth the visit.

stu k