B Certificate Test

Garry  G

• 2 years later...
ok if starting form a blank page what model suggestions wouls be good for the B test.

reading through the thread I see the test is about the pilot and not the model. However the correct model will help.

Knowing you have a good model will give you confidence.
the right model will complment your flying.

• 1 year later...

any good sport model is ok for the B test, honestly it is much more about knowing your plane and having it well setup rather than any particular type take a wot 4, not my favourite plane by any stretch but perfect for a b cert, it needs to be balanced properly laterally as well (this will help with the bunt) and the thrust lines have to be done as well, also not forgetting to mix out any coupling the rudder gives you (making the stall turn and any corrections you need to make easier) practice and familiarity are far more important than any particular model

desirables

ability to fly slowly but with enough power to make loops and bunts a doddle

ability for a decent glide for the simulated deadstick

smooth airframe ( a twitchy model in pitch or roll is not what you want )

so if i had to suggest some

Wot 4

Kyosho Calmato low winger

Pulse

to name but a few!!

Some good recommendations - some members at our club have WOT4's of differing construction and are always highly recommended, but for that reason I would like to try a different route and have also been looking at the Kyosho Calmato Sport low winger and the Pulse XT 25e. I guess knowing the model really well, lots of practise and some instruction is the way forward.

mid wing has nothing to do with it, it is more to do with a model that is not twitchy, well sorted and something you are very familiar with, oooo and lots of practice, i am with Alan here i like to see the B test done strictly, the B should be about accuracy and control and it should be strictly enforced.

the fun fly is a good model for the B, if i were to list them all we would be here all week

i took mine with a PB models skyliner/bean great model for it

A well balanced trainer will do the job (I used a Boomerang) but the key is familiarity with the aeroplane, so much so that the flying becomes smooth & instinctive.

For rolls find the best speed for you and the model - too slow and large inputs may be needed, too fast and it could be too twitchy to accurately control the roll. Controlling the roll is important because that is what it's all about - if the aeroplane's roll is axial with just aileron input then as I understand it that does not demonstrate sufficient control in the roll and it's a fail.

Edited By Ian Jones on 08/08/2012 00:08:04